Indoor Trainer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Lucy_Aspenwind, Oct 1, 2006.

1. doctorSpoc

doctorSpoc New Member

I'm really thinking about these e-motions now... i have the Kreitlers with fan and am going to order double fly wheels.. to be able to actually do a sprint workout inside would be really cool... i can sprint on the Kreitlers but not full out.. i can ride no hands, stand up tri bars every thing but sprinting all out would be the holy grail since i can do every other workout on the Kreitlers except a sprints... $800 is pretty steep though.. man, how do i get these in the door and past the wife? :rolleyes:

2. jamesdemien

jamesdemien New Member

I'm not married but I find that purchases such as these warrant an equal (or somewhere around equal) purchase for the woman...Buy your rollers, and on the same day get her something nice. However...Do NOT get her exercise equipment...

3. Billsworld

Billsworld New Member

Have them shipped to work. Hide the Kreitlers in the attic. Its likely she doesnt pay too much attention to your rollers. If she does....you bought some upgrades. If you get caught, youll be spending alot more time with your rollers than you bargained for.....Seroisly , there is a guy o this site that converted his rollers to a similar set up as the emotions out of skate wheels and bands. It seems to work as well as the emotions on his video........I am however waiting for your review on the e-motions so I can buy them myself:)

4. Flatscan

Flatscan New Member

Do you think that the "free motion" or the safety guide wheels helped more with your quick start-up? Did you try standing?

It seems to me that a lot of the quick familiarity with the E-Motion could be attributed to the presence of the guide wheels. I've read several brief impressions of the E-Motion from Interbike: so-and-so has never ridden rollers before but was riding perfectly in 5 minutes. Take an otherwise experienced rider and remove the fear of falling - quick familiarity should be almost expected. However, the quick progression to standing is impressive.

Has anyone with previous roller experience tried free motion rollers? As I recall, standing on the rollers puts more body weight over the front wheel and makes steering with a light touch significantly more difficult. Is this something that free motion helps immediately, or is it a defect in my technique that more experience will help?

5. John Wrowles

John Wrowles New Member

My pick for an indoor trainer that is accurate, and nice to use is a velotron.