Indoor Trainer

shegemann

Nov 30, 2006
I am looking into replacing my Minoura trainer with a full size indoor trainer. I have been cruising the internet and am currently looking at a CycleOps Pro and a Trixter X-bike. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these or have a good suggestion for a full size indoor trainer. Many thanks!!

shegemann said:
I am looking into replacing my Minoura trainer with a full size indoor trainer. I have been cruising the internet and am currently looking at a CycleOps Pro and a Trixter X-bike. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these or have a good suggestion for a full size indoor trainer. Many thanks!!
Not sure what you mean by 'full-size'. I would recommend a Kreitler roller setup, with headwind unit and flywheel. Get the stand as well if you want to do all out sprints. Check out the wattage info on their site, www.kreitler.com. It's absolutely the highest quality, last-your-lifetime training equipment and rollers with resistance (and cycling.tv on a monitor) are a great way to improve form and keep indoor training interesting.

chris

Hi, I've got the Kurt Kinetics Road trainer and its great. Very strong and good resistance, plus there is a lifetime warranty, thye also guarantee that it wont leak fluid.

shegemann said:

I also bought the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine (with their pseudo power meter) and I have only good things to say about it.

Also, from other posts I have read, their customer service is second to none when dealing with problems.

shegemann said:
I have a CATEye Cyclosimulator which I use as a bike stand as well as a trainer.
I have not checked the power meter acccuracy but it seems to be repeatable, and the magnetic drag hill climb % settings seem to be close.