Indoor Trainers & P-38 ?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Roy Dale, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Roy Dale

Roy Dale Guest

Does anyone have experience with this bike and ridding it on a trainer? I just have been riding it
    out side but the weather dictates( heavy rain) that I ride indoors this week. I have had it on the
    trainer to adjust pedals and seat but not for a work out. Looks like the frame at the back tires is
    uneven because of the quick release.I just don't want to warp a new fram any chance of that?

Tags:

2. Jeff Wills

Jeff Wills Guest

[email protected] (roy dale) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone have experience with this bike and ridding it on a trainer? I just have been riding it
    > out side but the weather dictates( heavy rain) that I ride indoors this week. I have had it on the
    > trainer to adjust pedals and seat but not for a work out. Looks like the frame at the back tires
    > is uneven because of the quick release.I just don't want to warp a new fram any chance of that?

I doubt you'll bend your new frame on the trainer. I put mine on a trainer when I thought I could
    stand it- it came out none the worse for wear.

Riding outside in the rain still beats riding inside watching TV.

Jeff

3. Cletus Lee

Cletus Lee Guest

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Does anyone have experience with this bike and ridding it on a trainer? I just have been riding it
    > out side but the weather dictates( heavy rain) that I ride indoors this week. I have had it on the
    > trainer to adjust pedals and seat but not for a work out. Looks like the frame at the back tires
    > is uneven because of the quick release.I just don't want to warp a new fram any chance of that?
    >

I don't think you can hurt a P-38 by riding in the rain ;-) You might want to invest in some HP-
    Velotechnic Fenders from The HostelShoppe.

--

Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

4. Wolverbob

Wolverbob Guest

On the P-38 being on a wind trainer, I put the question to Lightning a few years ago and Tim Brummer
    said that trainers do not put any undue stress on the P-38. Mine is on a trainer right now, but
    hopefully will be on the road this weekend as Michigan sees some 50 degree weather.

Bob Krzewinski