Indoor Trainers & P-38 ?

Roy Dale

Guest
Does anyone have experience with this bike and ridding it on a trainer? I just have been riding it
out side but the weather dictates( heavy rain) that I ride indoors this week. I have had it on the
trainer to adjust pedals and seat but not for a work out. Looks like the frame at the back tires is
uneven because of the quick release.I just don't want to warp a new fram any chance of that?

[email protected] (roy dale) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Does anyone have experience with this bike and ridding it on a trainer? I just have been riding it
> out side but the weather dictates( heavy rain) that I ride indoors this week. I have had it on the
> trainer to adjust pedals and seat but not for a work out. Looks like the frame at the back tires
> is uneven because of the quick release.I just don't want to warp a new fram any chance of that?

I doubt you'll bend your new frame on the trainer. I put mine on a trainer when I thought I could
stand it- it came out none the worse for wear.

Riding outside in the rain still beats riding inside watching TV.

Jeff

> Does anyone have experience with this bike and ridding it on a trainer? I just have been riding it
> out side but the weather dictates( heavy rain) that I ride indoors this week. I have had it on the
> trainer to adjust pedals and seat but not for a work out. Looks like the frame at the back tires
> is uneven because of the quick release.I just don't want to warp a new fram any chance of that?

I don't think you can hurt a P-38 by riding in the rain ;-) You might want to invest in some HP-
Velotechnic Fenders from The HostelShoppe.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

On the P-38 being on a wind trainer, I put the question to Lightning a few years ago and Tim Brummer
said that trainers do not put any undue stress on the P-38. Mine is on a trainer right now, but
hopefully will be on the road this weekend as Michigan sees some 50 degree weather.

Bob Krzewinski