Indoor Training DVDs?

imagesinthewind

Jul 11, 2006
The past summer has been humid (up to 87% in Denver, usually about 30%) and overly rainy (raining now, again!). This means we may well be looking at a rather nasty, cold, snowy winter.
I need to get a trainer and I'd love to have a few DVDs that are either training or just riding. I had an idea of borrowing a helmet cam and riding some of our trails so I have something more fun than movies to watch, but if someone has already done something like this it would be better.

So, what are your favorite indoor training DVDs?
Thanks!

I aint got a trainer yet, but I have 3 riding things I watch all the time. The 2 DVDs Overcoming and Hell on Wheels... and I recorded to DVD the entire last day of the TdF this year...

I have a spare large plasma screen over 100cm and I'm gunna set it up to watch those as I train...

I have Chris Carmichael's TT and Climbing DVD's.....the TT one is REALLY hard (for me anyway) ...but they're good motivation, you can watch other Riders suffering as Chris quips "Lance hates this one too..."

I'm sure they're available on ebay by now (I always consider putting mine on there when I'm 1/4 way through)...

I've been waiting for "Riding with a 20mph Tailwind" and "Coasting down hill" to come out but no such luck mate!! :mad:

domaindomain said:
I like the ones by 2crossings - scenic routes from South Africa mainly
I have a Fortius Tacx trainer and have used one of the Real Life Videos - a little different from the norm and inclines/descents interact well with the trainer

martynbrinton said:
I have a Fortius Tacx trainer and have used one of the Real Life Videos - a little different from the norm and inclines/descents interact well with the trainer
i have had a turbo for years and just use it occasionally now..

i have just bought a spin bike from Ebay. I need a video so that i can train properly on it so if anyone knows a good one then let me know!

The spinervals series are quite good, in that if you do what they tell you it is an excellent workout.

You can get them off ebay.

imagesinthewind said:
The past summer has been humid (up to 87% in Denver, usually about 30%) and overly rainy (raining now, again!). This means we may well be looking at a rather nasty, cold, snowy winter.
I need to get a trainer and I'd love to have a few DVDs that are either training or just riding. I had an idea of borrowing a helmet cam and riding some of our trails so I have something more fun than movies to watch, but if someone has already done something like this it would be better.

So, what are your favorite indoor training DVDs?
Thanks!
I had to have a month off with no riding on the road after being hit by a car which resulted in a head injury, but was allowed to use a trainer to keep my fitness up.

I have tried the CTS, Spinergy and Rides series and to be honest hated them all. They all provided a good workout, but it was so boring it was really hard to keep motivated each day to get on the bike.

The only way I found any enjoyment was to do the training as a group. Find someone with a area where you can get bunch of you doing the same workout and can chat and motivate each other. Plus you still get the coffee shop chat that is such a essential part of riding

jcjordan said:
I had to have a month off with no riding on the road after being hit by a car which resulted in a head injury, but was allowed to use a trainer to keep my fitness up.

I have tried the CTS, Spinergy and Rides series and to be honest hated them all. They all provided a good workout, but it was so boring it was really hard to keep motivated each day to get on the bike.

The only way I found any enjoyment was to do the training as a group. Find someone with a area where you can get bunch of you doing the same workout and can chat and motivate each other. Plus you still get the coffee shop chat that is such a essential part of riding
Hhhhm, I wonder if you can resolve the boredom issue with VR trainers a la Realaxiom or Fortius? Any thoughts people?