iner shifting hub !!!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by brockfisher05, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Tags:

  2. Brock, nice find, but what will you do about the fact that we need a
    super beefy axle? I don't think that hub can handle the forces we will
    put on it.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Nick's main man.

    "The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
    woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

    * I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
    me) *

  3. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

  4. i'd think that it would work best on a coker or 29er, or just a unicycle
    in general that would be used mostly for speed, therefore there wouldn't
    be as much pressure on the wheel.

    --
    revengeofthemole - arrrrr!!!

    i am here
    revengeofthemole's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8220

  5. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    well obviously :p

    you'd have to be pretty stupid to put that suckah on your trials

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I own Total_Uni's soul
    and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  6. Murde Mental wrote:
    > *well obviously :p
    >
    > you'd have to be pretty stupid to put that suckah on your trials *

    Well fine, call me stupid, but who will laugh when I have the world
    record for fastest 20m rail ride ever?

    Honestly, coker riders put lots of force on their hubs, more than you
    would expect. Also, the hub would be destroyed if you ever fell and it
    landed on the pedal.

    Note: there's also no space for bearings.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Nick's main man.

    "The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
    woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

    * I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
    me) *

  7. unidaddy

    unidaddy Guest

  8. Murde Mental

    Murde Mental Guest

    You could start off from their concept and build up from there adding
    the axle, yes, WITH room for bearings.

    Casue obviously you can't use it as is.

    But yeah, it would be pretty fragile if you were to smash on the axle or
    something.

    ah well...just a pipe dream

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I own Total_Uni's soul
    and yes this means I also own your soul Evan_Byrne.
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

  9. harper

    harper Guest

    Bevan's superspeed railride would be a sight indeed.

    Rohloff is one of the hubs I examined several years ago. As has been
    mentioned, something has to be done to make it fixed drive
    (non-ratcheting) and axle driven rather than chain driven. This hub is
    driven by the cog shown on the left side of the diagram. The axle is
    stationary.

    --
    harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    "My world view has come crashing down like a drunk clown on a giraffe,
    riding through a cactus patch..." -evil-nick on "Entry of the
    Gladiators"

  10. Frank Bonsch

    Frank Bonsch Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:32:47 -0600, "harper"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bevan's superspeed railride would be a sight indeed.
    >
    >Rohloff is one of the hubs I examined several years ago. As has been
    >mentioned, something has to be done to make it fixed drive
    >(non-ratcheting) and axle driven rather than chain driven. This hub is
    >driven by the cog shown on the left side of the diagram. The axle is
    >stationary.

    Hi Greg and all!

    Some years ago I´ve talked to Mr. and Mrs. Rohloff about supporting a
    geared hub project but they didn´t show much interest. And to me it
    seems impossible to convert a Rohloff bike hub (driven in only one
    direction) into a two-way driven uni hub.

    Frank

  11. jagur

    jagur Guest

    i think the rohloff is like 1500 bucks too, shame to get in there with
    heavy hands.

    --
    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*