Info about bike+vehicle crash 5 pm,Mon 26Jan04 Whitehall Rd,Seddon,Vic

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by fred, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. fred

    fred Guest

    Hi all

    I saw a bike + vehicle crash today, 5 pm Monday 26 January 2004 in
    Whitehall Street, Seddon, Victoria. The people involved said they were
    both ok, so I didn't stay around or leave my contact details.

    I later realised that I should have, so I left my details with a
    Sergeant Smith at Footscray police station about 8 pm Monday 26 January
    2004. And I'm also posting to aus.bicycles, just for peace of mind.

    At about 5 pm Monday 26 January 2004, I noticed a male cyclist riding
    north on the bike lane on Whitehall Street between Harris Street and
    Youell Street Seddon (Melways ref 42 D7) about 50 metres ahead, to the
    north of me. He was a tall man about 50-55, wearing a white t-shirt,
    and riding either a hybrid or MTB, which I think was dark coloured -
    maybe blue - with a frame/headset/bars set up so he was riding in a very
    upright position. I was riding north along the shared footpath along
    the eastern side of Whitehall Street. I briefly wondered why the other
    cyclist wasn't taking the opportunity to ride along the shared footpath.
    I assumed he was going toward the bike path along the west side of the
    Marirbyrnong River as I was. The route to the Marirbyrnong starts just
    north of the eastern side of Youell Street. I then shifted my attention
    to my own ride.
    Next thing I noticed was the cyclist sprawled on the road about about 3
    metres from the eastern curb of Whitehall Street, about 10 metres from
    the corner of Youell Street. He was on the road about 0.5 metres north
    of his bicycle. He was being looked after to by a man of medium height
    about 30-40. I can't remember what he was wearing, but he was the
    driver of a small (maybe 4-cylinder?) dark-coloured (dark green?) 4WD
    that apparently had come out of a driveway about 10 metres from the
    corner of Youell Street and hit the cyclist. The 4WD was stopped about
    2 metres from the eastern curb of Whitehall Street, about 10 metres
    from the corner of Youell Street, and its front windscreen - obviously
    safety glass - was from the passengers side 2/3rds smashed. I didn't
    hear any impact sound.
    I was concerned that cyclist might have suffered lower body and
    especially mid body bone fractures - legs, pelvis or ribs - or injuries
    to his abdominal organs, because of the height of the front of the 4WD.
    My guess is that they were both very lucky indeed, perhaps because as
    the 4WD was on a downward slope in the driveway and the cyclist was tall
    and in an upright riding position.
    I saw that cyclist had a big knee scrape on his left leg. I saw him
    get up and walk over to pick up his helmet about a metre away from where
    he was (either it was on the handlebars or not well secured to his
    head... GRRR! - legs, arms, ribs, even hips can heal, but you can't get
    a head transplant yet!.) I guessed this meant that the cyclist didn't
    have any serious bone or other internal injuries. I asked them if they
    were OK, and they both said yes. Since it seemed that the cyclist
    hadn't received any serious injuries and he and the 4WD driver were
    going to work things about by themselves, I rode on.

    I don't think anything will come of this, but as I said, now I feel very
    bad about riding off without leaving contact details.

    Please email wherepetejunk19 at hotmail dot com or fred_kneeman at
    hotmail dot com for further contact details..

    xxx

  2. You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist.
    The pigs are corrupt, lie and are corrupt and are the most crooked filth in
    the nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

    --

    "fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
> [...]
    > I saw that cyclist had a big knee scrape on his left leg. I saw him
    > get up and walk over to pick up his helmet about a metre away from where
    > he was (either it was on the handlebars or not well secured to his
    > head... GRRR! - legs, arms, ribs, even hips can heal, but you can't get
    > a head transplant yet!.) I guessed this meant that the cyclist didn't
    > have any serious bone or other internal injuries. I asked them if they
    > were OK, and they both said yes. Since it seemed that the cyclist
    > hadn't received any serious injuries and he and the 4WD driver were
    > going to work things about by themselves, I rode on.
    >
    > I don't think anything will come of this, but as I said, now I feel very
    > bad about riding off without leaving contact details.
    >
    > Please email wherepetejunk19 at hotmail dot com or fred_kneeman at
    > hotmail dot com for further contact details..

  3. John L

    John L Guest

    Come on, be fair,at least give the politicins a mention.

    Come to think of it most of them are lawyers also :)

    John L.

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:13:11 GMT, "Miclin Baxter"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist.
    >The pigs are corrupt, lie and are corrupt and are the most crooked filth in
    >the nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    Miclin Baxter wrote:
    > You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist. The pigs
    > are corrupt, lie and are corrupt and are the most crooked filth in the
    > nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

    jeez, settle petal!:rolleyes

    You haven't bothered to mention used car sales "persons"

    Anyway, good work Fred for posting that incident here in detail
    hopefully it maybe of assistance

    -

  5. fred

    fred Guest

    Miclin Baxter wrote:
    > You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist.
    > The pigs are corrupt, lie and are corrupt and are the most crooked filth in
    > the nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

    Umm... I'm actually 23/24ths of the way to becoming a lawy... Social
    Worker! Social Worker! Well, a /kind/ of Social Worker.

    Thanks for your support, a.b. I hope I did the right (or as Social
    Workers, (we) Teachers, and law.., ahem, Special Kind of Social Workers
    say, "appropriate") thing.

    xxx