Info about bike+vehicle crash 5 pm,Mon 26Jan04 Whitehall Rd,Seddon,Vic

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Fred, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hi all

    I saw a bike + vehicle crash today, 5 pm Monday 26 January 2004 in Whitehall Street, Seddon,
    Victoria. The people involved said they were both ok, so I didn't stay around or leave my
    contact details.

    I later realised that I should have, so I left my details with a Sergeant Smith at Footscray
    police station about 8 pm Monday 26 January 2004. And I'm also posting to aus.bicycles, just for
    peace of mind.

    At about 5 pm Monday 26 January 2004, I noticed a male cyclist riding north on the bike lane on
    Whitehall Street between Harris Street and Youell Street Seddon (Melways ref 42 D7) about 50 metres
    ahead, to the north of me. He was a tall man about 50-55, wearing a white t-shirt, and riding either
    a hybrid or MTB, which I think was dark coloured - maybe blue - with a frame/headset/bars set up so
    he was riding in a very upright position. I was riding north along the shared footpath along the
    eastern side of Whitehall Street. I briefly wondered why the other cyclist wasn't taking the
    opportunity to ride along the shared footpath. I assumed he was going toward the bike path along the
    west side of the Marirbyrnong River as I was. The route to the Marirbyrnong starts just north of the
    eastern side of Youell Street. I then shifted my attention to my own ride. Next thing I noticed was
    the cyclist sprawled on the road about about 3 metres from the eastern curb of Whitehall Street,
    about 10 metres from the corner of Youell Street. He was on the road about 0.5 metres north of his
    bicycle. He was being looked after to by a man of medium height about 30-40. I can't remember what
    he was wearing, but he was the driver of a small (maybe 4-cylinder?) dark-coloured (dark green?) 4WD
    that apparently had come out of a driveway about 10 metres from the corner of Youell Street and hit
    the cyclist. The 4WD was stopped about 2 metres from the eastern curb of Whitehall Street, about 10
    metres from the corner of Youell Street, and its front windscreen - obviously safety glass - was
    from the passengers side 2/3rds smashed. I didn't hear any impact sound. I was concerned that
    cyclist might have suffered lower body and especially mid body bone fractures - legs, pelvis or ribs
    - or injuries to his abdominal organs, because of the height of the front of the 4WD. My guess is
    that they were both very lucky indeed, perhaps because as the 4WD was on a downward slope in the
    driveway and the cyclist was tall and in an upright riding position. I saw that cyclist had a big
    knee scrape on his left leg. I saw him get up and walk over to pick up his helmet about a metre away
    from where he was (either it was on the handlebars or not well secured to his head... GRRR! - legs,
    arms, ribs, even hips can heal, but you can't get a head transplant yet!.) I guessed this meant that
    the cyclist didn't have any serious bone or other internal injuries. I asked them if they were OK,
    and they both said yes. Since it seemed that the cyclist hadn't received any serious injuries and he
    and the 4WD driver were going to work things about by themselves, I rode on.

    I don't think anything will come of this, but as I said, now I feel very bad about riding off
    without leaving contact details.

    Please email wherepetejunk19 at hotmail dot com or fred_kneeman at hotmail dot com for further
    contact details..

  2. You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist. The pigs are corrupt, lie and are
    corrupt and are the most crooked filth in the nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

    --

    "fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> [...]
    > tall and in an upright riding position. I saw that cyclist had a big knee scrape on his left leg.
    > I saw him get up and walk over to pick up his helmet about a metre away from where he was (either
    > it was on the handlebars or not well secured to his head... GRRR! - legs, arms, ribs, even hips
    > can heal, but you can't get a head transplant yet!.) I guessed this meant that the cyclist didn't
    > have any serious bone or other internal injuries. I asked them if they were OK, and they both said
    > yes. Since it seemed that the cyclist hadn't received any serious injuries and he and the 4WD
    > driver were going to work things about by themselves, I rode on.
    >
    > I don't think anything will come of this, but as I said, now I feel very bad about riding off
    > without leaving contact details.
    >
    > Please email wherepetejunk19 at hotmail dot com or fred_kneeman at hotmail dot com for further

  3. John L

    John L Guest

    Come on, be fair,at least give the politicins a mention.

    Come to think of it most of them are lawyers also :)

    John L.

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:13:11 GMT, "Miclin Baxter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist. The pigs are corrupt, lie and are
    >corrupt and are the most crooked filth in the nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    jeez, settle petal!:rolleyes:

    You haven't bothered to mention used car sales "persons".

    Anyway, good work Fred for posting that incident here in detail, hopefully it maybe of assistance.

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Miclin Baxter wrote:
    > You never ever assist the pigs unless it will help the cyclist. The pigs are corrupt, lie and are
    > corrupt and are the most crooked filth in the nation and the lowest form of life next to a lawyer.

    Umm... I'm actually 23/24ths of the way to becoming a lawy... Social Worker! Social Worker! Well, a
    /kind/ of Social Worker.

    Thanks for your support, a.b. I hope I did the right (or as Social Workers, (we) Teachers, and
    law.., ahem, Special Kind of Social Workers say, "appropriate") thing.