Info from Cannondale Serial #?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sanctuary Paul, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    Can anyone out there offer some assistance in determining year of manufacture, etc for a
    Cannondale frame from its serial #?

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Here's an example, from mine:

    SN#54021787121

    The first two digits indicate a 54cm frame. the next six digits make up the date. In my case,
    the date of manufacture was Feb 17, 1987. The last three uniquely identify the frame.

    Doug

    "Sanctuary Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can anyone out there offer some assistance in determining year of manufacture, etc for a
    > Cannondale frame from its serial #?
    >
    > TIA

  3. Thanks for the help, Doug. Though I seem to have a different sort of serial
    #. On the frame under the bottom bracket are four sets of letters and
    numbers that look something like thus:

    FB 10851 83919 3B0W60

    And on the crank-side chain stay is B1(?) - 0302

    Any ideas on decoding this?

    Thanks, Paul

    "Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Here's an example, from mine:
    >
    > SN#54021787121
    >
    > The first two digits indicate a 54cm frame. the next six digits make
    up
    > the date. In my case, the date of manufacture was Feb 17, 1987. The last three uniquely identify
    > the frame.
    >
    > Doug
    >

    > "Sanctuary Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Can anyone out there offer some assistance in determining year of manufacture, etc for a
    > > Cannondale frame from its serial #?
    > >
    > > TIA

  4. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Sanctuary Paul top-posted:
    > Thanks for the help, Doug. Though I seem to have a different sort of serial #. On the frame under
    > the bottom bracket are four sets of letters and numbers that look something like thus:
    >
    > FB 10851 83919 3B0W60
    >
    > And on the crank-side chain stay is B1(?) - 0302
    >
    > Any ideas on decoding this?

    Have you tried contacting Cannondale?

    Bill "just a thought" S.

  5. Sure did Bill, two and a half months later, I'm still awaiting a reply.

    Paul

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sanctuary Paul top-posted:
    > > Thanks for the help, Doug. Though I seem to have a different sort of serial #. On the frame
    > > under the bottom bracket are four sets of letters and numbers that look something like thus:
    > >
    > > FB 10851 83919 3B0W60
    > >
    > > And on the crank-side chain stay is B1(?) - 0302
    > >
    > > Any ideas on decoding this?
    >
    > Have you tried contacting Cannondale?
    >
    > Bill "just a thought" S.

  6. Carl Fogel

    Carl Fogel Guest

    "Sanctuary Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can anyone out there offer some assistance in determining year of manufacture, etc for a
    > Cannondale frame from its serial #?
    >
    > TIA

    Dear Paul,

    You may have already registered your Cannondale, but if not this page asks for the kind of serial
    number that you describe elsewhere, with diagrams of where to find it:

    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/tech/warranty.html

    Once registered, the bike might be easier to identify.

    Of course, you may have already done all this and gotten nowhere, in which case you might try
    calling 1-800-245-3872 and seeing if whoever answers for Cannondale can help you.

    Good luck,

    Carl Fogel

  7. On 02/24/2004 12:18 PM, in article [email protected],
    "Sanctuary Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Sure did Bill, two and a half months later, I'm still awaiting a reply.
    >
    > Paul

    Have you tried CALLING?

    1-800-245-3872

    > "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Sanctuary Paul top-posted:
    >>> Thanks for the help, Doug. Though I seem to have a different sort of serial #. On the frame
    >>> under the bottom bracket are four sets of letters and numbers that look something like thus:
    >>>
    >>> FB 10851 83919 3B0W60
    >>>
    >>> And on the crank-side chain stay is B1(?) - 0302
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on decoding this?
    >>
    >> Have you tried contacting Cannondale?
    >>
    >> Bill "just a thought" S.

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  8. Steven and Carl,

    Thanks for the phone# to Cannondale. I did in fact try registering the frame on the website when
    I first emailed a couple of months ago, but completely overlooked the customer service # listed
    there. I'll try calling tomorrow.

    Peace, Paul

    news:[email protected]...