Info-got a Brooks

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
Swallow saddle, number 067...gonna ride it today...hope it works, it sure was
expensive, even at wholesale-

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Hi Peter, Congrats! Sure nothing like a Brooks, is there? Hope you
enjoy it, and that it does the trick for you. I've now got one on my
Bianchi Campione (Swift Ti), and when I finally build up this
Paramount 50th, it too, will have a Brooks on board (Maybe a Team Pro,
or another Swift)

You may remember the thread a short while back about the Selle saddle
questions. I'm not getting that numbness/soreness anymore with the
Brooks,like I was with the low end Selle. Mark D.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Swallow saddle, number 067...gonna ride it today...hope it works, it sure was
> expensive, even at wholesale-

Let us know what you think of it.

I'm still waiting for mine, despite being several thousand miles closer
to the factory than you are :(

Pete

apoman-<< Hi Peter, Congrats! Sure nothing like a Brooks, is there?
>><BR><BR>

Well, I have tried Brooks before, a Swift that I sold after three rides. I rode
2 hours yesterday..seems OK altho it sure is slippery...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> apoman-<< Hi Peter, Congrats! Sure nothing like a Brooks, is there?
>
>>><BR><BR>

> Well, I have tried Brooks before, a Swift that I sold after three rides. I rode
> 2 hours yesterday..seems OK altho it sure is slippery...

I would expect that to disappear as it wears in. my B17 was quite
slippery when new. Now it's only slippery when I first get on and as
soon as I warm up it goes away :)

Pete

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> apoman-<< Hi Peter, Congrats! Sure nothing like a Brooks, is there?
> >><BR><BR>

> Well, I have tried Brooks before, a Swift that I sold after three rides. I

rode
> 2 hours yesterday..seems OK altho it sure is slippery...

Isn't the Swallow really just a cut down Swift? I would think that if you
didn't like a Swift the Swallow won't be any better, just more expensive.

Tim McTeague

mcteaquenot-<< Isn't the Swallow really just a cut down Swift? I would think
that if you
didn't like a Swift the Swallow won't be any better, just more expensive.
>><BR><BR>

Guess so. I hated the Swift, the Swallow seems flatter and much more comfy...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> mcteaquenot-<< Isn't the Swallow really just a cut down Swift? I would

think
> that if you
> didn't like a Swift the Swallow won't be any better, just more expensive.
> >><BR><BR>

> Guess so. I hated the Swift, the Swallow seems flatter and much more

comfy...

> Peter Chisholm

Well, keep us posted on how you like it. I wonder is Brooks is going to
make a non-limited edition version of the Swallow for half the price. I
just ordered a Swift so I hope I can adapt to it better than you. Wallbike
has a 6 month return policy on Brooks saddles so at least I'll have enough
time to see if I like it.

Tim McTeague

Tim McTeague wrote:

> "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>mcteaquenot-<< Isn't the Swallow really just a cut down Swift? I would

> think
>
>>that if you
>>didn't like a Swift the Swallow won't be any better, just more expensive.

>>Guess so. I hated the Swift, the Swallow seems flatter and much more

> comfy...
>
>>Peter Chisholm

> Well, keep us posted on how you like it. I wonder is Brooks is going to
> make a non-limited edition version of the Swallow for half the price. I
> just ordered a Swift so I hope I can adapt to it better than you. Wallbike
> has a 6 month return policy on Brooks saddles so at least I'll have enough
> time to see if I like it.
>
> Tim McTeague

A 6 month return policy on a leather saddle??? The mind boggles.

"Walter Mitty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Tim McTeague wrote:

> > Well, keep us posted on how you like it. I wonder is Brooks is going to
> > make a non-limited edition version of the Swallow for half the price. I
> > just ordered a Swift so I hope I can adapt to it better than you.

Wallbike
> > has a 6 month return policy on Brooks saddles so at least I'll have

enough
> > time to see if I like it.
> >
> > Tim McTeague

"Walter Mitty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> A 6 month return policy on a leather saddle??? The mind boggles.

From the Wallbike site. http://www.wallbike.com/Brooks.html

"Thank you for your interest in Brooks saddles and Wallingford Bicycle
Parts. The purpose of this page is to provide you with some information that
might help you make up your mind about investing in a high quality,
comfortable BROOKS saddle."....

"If our discussion has not helped the customer decide positively which model
they want, I encourage them to pick the model that they are most drawn to
and take advantage of my 6 month unconditional satisfaction guarantee to
trade or get a refund if their first choice does not work out."

Tim McTeague

> A 6 month return policy on a leather saddle??? The mind boggles.

That's how all bike shops should be with saddles. Then people
wouldnt have to buy mail order. My B-17 is so comfy I'd never think
of returning it.

mitticus-<< A 6 month return policy on a leather saddle??? The mind boggles.
>><BR><BR>

Ya kiddin' ? Broken in Brooks saddles are more in demand than new ones.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302