info on CSK Frames?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gareth Beale, May 1, 2003.

  1. Gareth Beale

    Gareth Beale Guest

    Been looking for a low-cost frame to build up a road bike. I saw a CSK frame with a Vitus carbon
    fork on chucksbikes.com for $275. I searched the web and couldn't find any reviews, though a number
    of bike stores in Australia seem to sell them.

    Does anybody have any info good or bad on the CSK frames? Bear in mind this is a low-cost
    undertaking, so I don't expect it to be a fantastic bike, just decent for the money.

    Thanks for any feedback,

    Gareth Beale

    Tags:

  2. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    [email protected] (Gareth Beale) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ... Does anybody have any info good or bad on the CSK frames? >

    The last time I checked ... If you look closer at Chucksbikes.com description, there is a URL link
    that has some info. I think the AL frames are made in Italy and the steel, maybe Japan. Very nice
    looking fillet brazed frame with funky lime color. You are talking about a $1200+ frame if it has
    a big name.

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    [email protected] (Gareth Beale) wrote in message
    > Does anybody have any info good or bad on the CSK frames? Bear in mind this is a low-cost
    > undertaking, so I don't expect it to be a fantastic bike, just decent for the money.

    i boguht a carbon frame from chucksbikes a while ago. very happy with
    it. i dont know about your csk frame, but i Do know that if you call, Chuck is very happy to chat
    with you about just where these frames are coming from, their reputation, and other details. of
    course, take it with a grain of salt as he is the seller, but i think he is pretty darn
    straightforward.

    cheers