Info on Cycling Clubs in Bromley

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sherer, May 13, 2003.

  1. Sherer

    Sherer Guest

    Ok i'm fed up with training on my own and am now just about at a level of fitness where I can train
    with others and not be totally embarresed ( I hope
    ! ).. Has anyone got any info on any cycling clubs in or around Bromley.
    I'm interested in road racing and so am looking to join a local club to train with. At the moment
    i'm doing 20 - 30 mile runs at an average of about 15 mph, that's probably bad i know but i'm hoping
    to improve.

    Does anyone know why all the clubs seem to have weekend rides early in the morning when any decent
    man would still be suffering from a hangover ?

    Tags:

  2. Tom C

    Tom C Guest

    "Sherer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I'm interested in road racing and so am looking to join a local club to train with. At the moment
    > i'm doing 20 - 30 mile runs at an average of about 15 mph, that's probably bad i know but i'm
    > hoping to improve.

    I'd recommend you go along to Bigfoot Bikes in Hayes Street
    http://www.bigfootbikes.com/v3/index.html

    I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

    Tom Guildford, Surrey

  3. Frank°

    Frank° Guest

    "Sherer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Ok i'm fed up with training on my own and am now just about at a level of fitness where I can
    > train with others and not be totally embarresed ( I
    hope
    > ! ).. Has anyone got any info on any cycling clubs in or around Bromley.
    > I'm interested in road racing and so am looking to join a local club to train with. At the moment
    > i'm doing 20 - 30 mile runs at an average of about 15 mph, that's probably bad i know but i'm
    > hoping to improve.
    >
    > Does anyone know why all the clubs seem to have weekend rides early in the morning when any decent
    > man would still be suffering from a hangover ?

    I'll go out for a ride with you some time if you fancy it, I'm old and unfit but can probably
    manage 15 mph.

  4. Andyp

    Andyp Guest

    The cycle shop in Kingsway, Coney Hall (Youngs I think) has a meet every weekend as well