Information on the French Alps

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Rstandring, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Rstandring

    Rstandring Guest

    If you are planning to visit the French Alps this summer to see the Tour de France or want more
    information on the climbs that the race has made famous, then visit the Grenoble Cycling Pages.

    This year, the Tour de France will visit the nearby resort of Alpe d'Huez, as well as take the
    riders over the Col du Galibier and the Col d'Izoard. In June, the Tour de France warm-up race, the
    Dauphine Libere will start in the mountains just above the city and end a week later in Grenoble.

    http://grenoblecycling.free.fr

    The Grenoble Cycling Pages have been created to promote cycling in the French Alps. The pages
    include information and images on the principal mountain passes in the French Alps as well as
    information on areas around Grenoble including the Chartreuse, Vercors and Alps including the Alpe
    d'Huez and Col du Galibier. There are also pages dedicated to Mont Ventoux, and the towns of
    Briancon, Bourg St Maurice, Barcelonnette and La Clusaz and the climbs around the towns.

    Also included are images from the races that pass through the Alps including the Tour de France and
    the Dauphine Libere, as well as information on the events in the Alps, a rides diary and suggested
    cycling routes.

    If you are planning a trip to France or want to find out more about the area, visit the Grenoble
    Cycling Pages.

    http://grenoblecycling.free.fr

    Tags:

  2. Try this site also. It has gradient info on loads of passes in Europe.
    http://ciclismo.sitiasp.it/motore.aspxquanti=20&ID=0&da=lm&come=af&lingua=en g

    I'm going to Annecy this year (again) for my summer hols. The cycling round there is just superb,
    with many routes signposted specifiaclly for cyclists with 4 different coloured routes rated on
    difficulty. There's even a booklet published by the tourist board. That's what I call being
    organised and cycling friendly.