inguinal hernia repair

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Thomas F. Maguire, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. I'm going to have inguinal hernia surgery in a few days and would like some
    idea of experiences others have had getting back to running. It will be an
    out-patient, local anesthesia, one side only operation. It will not be
    lapriscopic surgery. The surgeon thinks I'll be back running lightly in
    about three weeks. What say you?

    Thanks,
    Tom
    --
    www.DuendeDrama.org
    Bringing Plays and Stories

    Tags:

  2. >I'm going to have inguinal hernia surgery in a few days

    Your name is "Tom", you don't have a vagina.

  3. Yin Yang

    Yin Yang Guest

    "FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >I'm going to have inguinal hernia surgery in a few days

    > Your name is "Tom", you don't have a vagina.

    inguinal refers to the groin.

  4. >inguinal refers to the groin.

    I would've pointed that out, but I figured you knw where a vagina is located.

  5. Yin Yang

    Yin Yang Guest

    "FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:2004121311[email protected]
    > >inguinal refers to the groin.

    > I would've pointed that out, but I figured you knw where a vagina is

    located.

    crap. this might explain my childless situation. i'm agonna try the frontal
    approach tonight.

  6. >crap. this might explain my childless situation.

    You'll only get lawyers from back there.

    >i'm agonna try the frontal
    >approach tonight.

    Tastes a WHOLE LOT better too!

  7. Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman Guest

    It seems to me I heard somewhere that Thomas F. Maguire wrote in article
    <[email protected]>:

    >I'm going to have inguinal hernia surgery in a few days and would like some
    >idea of experiences others have had getting back to running. It will be an
    >out-patient, local anesthesia, one side only operation. It will not be
    >lapriscopic surgery. The surgeon thinks I'll be back running lightly in
    >about three weeks. What say you?

    That's about the schedule my last herniotomist had me on--it was the
    third try to seal up the same hole, and this latest doc installed some
    netting to hold it together. He told me to begin walking as soon as I
    could bear it (actually very little pain), and cleared me to do easy
    running in about two weeks or so.
    --
    Don
    [email protected]

  8. "FabulustRunner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >crap. this might explain my childless situation.

    > You'll only get lawyers from back there.
    >
    > >i'm agonna try the frontal
    > >approach tonight.

    > Tastes a WHOLE LOT better too!

    Be carefull not to damage the iguana.

  9. >Be carefull not to damage the iguana.

    You mean the python?