Inigo Landaluze and Filippo Simeoni Stage 9

Sierraman

Guest
What the hell happened? What's up with these guys? Playing games, little
tactical cat and mouse cost them the stage, I bet they are banging their
heads in the wall in the locker room. Geeezzz... Looks like all they had to
do was keep the pressure on till the line, but it's looks like they sit up a
little and starting playing around and looking around too much. I think they
could of got the stage if they would of stayed focused.

B-

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> What the hell happened? What's up with these guys? Playing games, little
> tactical cat and mouse cost them the stage, I bet they are banging their
> heads in the wall in the locker room. Geeezzz... Looks like all they had to
> do was keep the pressure on till the line, but it's looks like they sit up a
> little and starting playing around and looking around too much. I think they
> could of got the stage if they would of stayed focused.

this has to happen sometimes, or else "cat and mouse tactics" would never work.

Amit wrote:
> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>What the hell happened? What's up with these guys? Playing games, little
>>tactical cat and mouse cost them the stage, I bet they are banging their
>>heads in the wall in the locker room. Geeezzz... Looks like all they had to
>>do was keep the pressure on till the line, but it's looks like they sit up a
>>little and starting playing around and looking around too much. I think they
>>could of got the stage if they would of stayed focused.
>>

> this has to happen sometimes, or else "cat and mouse tactics" would never work.

There's a nice video of the finish (like all finishes) at
http://www.letour.com/2004/fr/index.html

(The French-language videos are better than the English-language ones)

Dan

P.S. Maybe they should have used mirrors :).

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:49:47 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I think they
>could of got the stage if
> they would of stayed focused.

Only one of them could have got the stage.

JT

I think that Landaluze was way too cold in letting the Simeoni do all the
distance calculations. He did not look back a single time to estimate where
the group was. Had he started up the sprint 50-100m earlier he would have
won. Tough luck!

I guess the strategy was pretty good, but he was a bit unlucky.

news:[email protected]...