Injured - how to restart

stevevinck

Apr 21, 2004
Hi,

I'm training on power for the last 3 months and it has been great !

Now my problem , for the moment I'm injured of a so called "tennis leg". It has been a week and I have to wait another 2 weeks to restart (although 0,5 hour - 1 hour indoor cycling "training" is allowed)

After those 2 weeks I can begin again and that's my problem. After the calf injury I probably am not allowed to go for the 20 minute test to look for my FTP.
Where will I start , my FTP of 315 (last test about 4 weeks ago) surely will be to high after 3 weeks off

I'm not quite in the same spot you are in but I did get a cycling injury which gave me about a week of forced rest. I just head straight to "sweet spot" tempo riding at 90% of my hour power prior to the layoff. I may only be able to manage 30-45 minutes the first time out, but each workout I add 10-15 more minutes.

Last year I had a month layoff due to overseas travel. It took several weeks just to get some fitness back. I did plenty of zone 2/3 riding in that time trying to get good again. The zone 3 stuff gets me back quicker.
stevevinck said:
Hi,

I'm training on power for the last 3 months and it has been great !

Now my problem , for the moment I'm injured of a so called "tennis leg". It has been a week and I have to wait another 2 weeks to restart (although 0,5 hour - 1 hour indoor cycling "training" is allowed)

After those 2 weeks I can begin again and that's my problem. After the calf injury I probably am not allowed to go for the 20 minute test to look for my FTP.
Where will I start , my FTP of 315 (last test about 4 weeks ago) surely will be to high after 3 weeks off