Injury pic

Status

> Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
>
> > > Penny was teasing you, obviously, but then you knew that didn't ya?
> > >

> > Of course I knew. She really a nice lady, kinda like your friends grandma. :)
>
> Ooooo, you nasty piece of work you! Tha was mean, uncalled for, vicious
and
> just plain _bad_. Keep up the good work ',;~}

She broke her promise to kick my butt. :-(

--
Cameron

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:sHmJ9.306628$QZ.45982@sccrnsc02...
> > Hell no, I've never had one that bad. I would call it quits at that
point.
> > That guy broke his heel and it got infected. He had to do some serious tendon surgery and skin
> > grafting after the infection ate his foot away.
>
> Damn. I thought Canada had a national healthcare system. Amazing he could reach those tendons...

It has nothing to do with Canada's social medicine. It just so happened that his injury was so bad
that it got very infected. The result of a downhilling accident...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> Carla A-G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>******' hell fire! Was that you Carla? - That musta smarted......OooooooOUCH!
>>
>>Hell no, I've never had one that bad. I would call it quits at that point. That guy broke his heel
>>and it got infected. He had to do some serious tendon surgery and skin grafting after the
>>infection ate his foot away.
>

> Holy **** - that would ever so slightly annoy me. A little. Possibly.........
>
> Don't much fancy any of that necrosis **** going on, thankyouverymuch.

Jeeze. I can hardly stand looking at that, I can't imagine having it attached to my leg. I wonder if
it got terrible straight off, or if he was playing the "wait and see if it gets better on its own"
game. I've seen worse neglected, infected wounds, but usually they're on stray dogs hit by cars.

I'd
> rather bite myself. Repeatedly.

That's usually part of the problem with injuries on dogs. Can't convince them to quit biting and
scratching the owie. I can kind of relate, actually. I've got a horrible itchy spot in the middle of
my back, caused by nerve damage from long term muscle spasms. It's a damned good thing it's in a
spot I can't reach with either teeth or nails - if it were more accessible, they'd have to put one
of those plastic cone collars on me.

Kathleen

"Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
. It's a
> damned good thing it's in a spot I can't reach with either teeth or nails - if it were more
> accessible, they'd have to put one of those plastic cone collars on me.

whoops, there went the coffee all over the keyboard, I just pictured Kathleen as Celia from Monsters
Inc. after the CDU had finished with her...

> Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Ooooo, you nasty piece of work you! Tha was mean, uncalled for,
vicious
> > and
> > > just plain _bad_. Keep up the good work ',;~}
> > >

> > She broke her promise to kick my butt. :-(
>
> *****.
>
> She never even promised me ;-(
>
> Shaun aRe

That's 'cause she finds you amusing. You need to help her develop genuine hatred for you.

--
Cameron

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I think John was playing on the phrasing of "He had to do some serious tendon surgery", ie,
> implying that he'd actually carried out all the surgery himself.

Ahh, okay, I think I need more coffee...its too early in the morning. I would have paid to see him
perform his own surgery...

:)

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
<snip>
>>That's usually part of the problem with injuries on dogs. Can't convince them to quit biting and
>>scratching the owie.
>

> Indeed, _licking_ their wounds is an instinctive response, and
quickens the
> healing due to the anti bacterial nature of their saliva. In most 'wild' cases however, the
> scratching or biting wouldn't ocurr, again due to instinctive knowledge of the negative effects.
> For some reason, this instinct seems to have deteriorated to the extent a domesticated dog will
> not often tolerate the itching associated with a healing contusion,
and do
> themselves harm by repeatedly re-opening the wound.

That's not what my vet says. After Zane got his foot half chewed off, she emphasised the
importance of keeping him from licking and picking at the wound. She said that dog spit
isn't particularly anti-bacterial, not in a domesticated dog that just got done thoroughly
grooming his butt, and not in wild canid who's just devoured the intestinal tract of a kill
(their favorite part, after the liver - they think we're idiots for going for muscle meat
first). She said that the main benefit from licking comes from the clearing out of dirt,
foreign objects and crusting and seepage. A quick scrub with a washcloth would be as good or
better. There's nothing especially wrong or distorted about domestic dog's hygienic
instincts - a wolf with a similar injury would behave the same way, and would consquently
probably die as a result, if not from infection, then from the crippling effects of a poorly
healed injury. Survival of the fittest - the average lifespan of a wild wolf is only about 5
years, and that's for the one out of four or five pups who manage to survive to adulthood.
"Natural" and "instinctive" behaviors are not necessarily best.

Kathleen

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> ya?

> vicious
> > > and
> > > >

> > > She broke her promise to kick my butt. :-(
> >
> > *****.
> >
> > She never even promised me ;-(
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >

> That's 'cause she finds you amusing. You need to help her develop genuine hatred for you.

When I did I promise to kick you butt, and when did I break it? why dontcha plan on Idaho and then
we'll see if I can a)bake a pie and b) kick you butt on hills or not. Besides you know I'm full of
bs meaningless threats anyway.

penny

-snip unnecessary "wrote in message"'s-

> > ya?

> > vicious

> > > *****.
> > >
> > > She never even promised me ;-(
> > >
> > > Shaun aRe
> > >

> > That's 'cause she finds you amusing. You need to help her develop genuine hatred for you.
> >

> When I did I promise to kick you butt, and when did I break it? why
dontcha
> plan on Idaho and then we'll see if I can a)bake a pie and b) kick you
butt
> on hills or not. Besides you know I'm full of bs meaningless threats anyway.
>
> penny

I was just trying to cheer him up. He reminds me of my neighbors puppy, the kind that cries and
whines all evening when locked out in the rain. Ok, so you didn't specifically 'promise' to kick
my butt, however, you did insinuate it. Of course I was depressed; first you give me a boner,
then you don't show up. With your blond friend, I might add. Hey, I'm Swedish. ;-) I've never
baked a pie. Just wanted some tips. Grrrranny. The old fart (my paternal parent) has 66 acres
over there in Pend Oreille county. Maybe someday I'll be close enough for you to take the
effort... heheheh...

--
If I crashed into a tree and nobody was around to hear me scream, did I really make a sound?

Cameron http://home1.gte.net/res1ccvg/

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> didn't
> > > ya?

> friends

> > > vicious

> > > That's 'cause she finds you amusing. You need to help her develop genuine hatred for you.
> > >

> > When I did I promise to kick you butt, and when did I break it? why
> dontcha
> > plan on Idaho and then we'll see if I can a)bake a pie and b) kick you
> butt
> > on hills or not. Besides you know I'm full of bs meaningless threats anyway.
> >
> > penny
> >

> I was just trying to cheer him up. He reminds me of my neighbors
puppy,
> the kind that cries and whines all evening when locked out in the rain. Ok, so you didn't
> specifically 'promise' to kick my butt, however, you did insinuate it. Of course I was depressed;
> first you give me a boner, then
you
> don't show up.

that is such bull ****. Why do you guys always have to bring your **** into these things. You ought
to be ashamed of yourself. That's pathetic.

With your blond friend, I might add. Hey, I'm Swedish. ;-) If I ever find a SINGLE mountainbike
chick, you guys will be the first to know.

> I've never baked a pie. Just wanted some tips. Grrrranny.

Pilssbury fold out dough in the freezer section.

> The old fart (my paternal parent) has 66 acres over there in Pend Oreille county. Maybe
> someday I'll be close enough for you to take the effort...
heheheh...

I may not be home that day.

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > didn't

> > friends

> > > When I did I promise to kick you butt, and when did I break it? why
> > dontcha
> > > plan on Idaho and then we'll see if I can a)bake a pie and b) kick you
> > butt
> > > on hills or not. Besides you know I'm full of bs meaningless threats anyway.
> > >
> > > penny
> > >

> > I was just trying to cheer him up. He reminds me of my neighbors
> puppy,
> > the kind that cries and whines all evening when locked out in the rain. Ok, so you didn't
> > specifically 'promise' to kick my butt, however,
you
> > did insinuate it. Of course I was depressed; first you give me a boner, then
> you
> > don't show up.
>
> that is such bull ****. Why do you guys always have to bring your ****
into
> these things. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's pathetic.

a) I was born with one. No 'try before buy' here.
b) It's a guy thing; unless you start dropin testosterone, you gals' won't understand. ;)
c) If you got it, grab and flaunt it!

>> With your blond friend, I might add. Hey, I'm Swedish. ;-)
> If I ever find a SINGLE mountainbike chick, you guys will be the first to know.

Ah! So all the flack guys have been getting for saying "chic" is simply because we spelled it wrong?

> > I've never baked a pie. Just wanted some tips. Grrrranny.
>
> Pilssbury fold out dough in the freezer section.

Never heard of that brand. Does it use a pilsner instead of water?

> > The old fart (my paternal parent) has 66 acres over there in Pend Oreille county. Maybe
> > someday I'll be close enough for you to take the effort...
> heheheh...
>
> I may not be home that day.

<brocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbrocbroc>

--
Cameron

> I know, I know - that's how come I enjoy this place so much......
>
> Shaun aRe - Screwed up, and insanely happy about it. Flangebucket's full
of
> gristableness, overflowing into the world at large apples don't fit into small bags under the eyes
> of needles me just thinking about it isn't my fault line running under San Francisco is full of
> puffs of smoke without fire the useless sucker oner thater.
>
> P.s. - Your hair looked better blue.

Shaun.. Please..

Put the keyboard down and slowly back away. It's for your own safety and the safety of others...

Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > that is such bull ****. Why do you guys always have to bring your ****
> into
> > these things. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's pathetic.

Here, I'l translate his words for you Penny:

> a) I was born with one. No 'try before buy' here.

He had a cats penis grafted on at age 12.

> b) It's a guy thing; unless you start dropin testosterone, you gals' won't understand. ;)

he's bullshitting because he's not secure in his sexuality.

> c) If you got it, grab and flaunt it!

He hasn't got it, so feels the need to talk about it in a n/g.

Penny - HTH.

Shaun aRe - With a big heart and a small penis, I'm a pretty well ballanced individual.

> Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
>

> > > that is such bull ****. Why do you guys always have to bring your ****
> > into
> > > these things. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's pathetic.
> > >

> Here, I'l translate his words for you Penny:
>
> > a) I was born with one. No 'try before buy' here.
>
> He had a cats penis grafted on at age 12.
>
> > b) It's a guy thing; unless you start dropin testosterone, you gals'
won't
> > understand. ;)
>
> he's bullshitting because he's not secure in his sexuality.
>
> > c) If you got it, grab and flaunt it!
>
> He hasn't got it, so feels the need to talk about it in a n/g.
>
> Penny - HTH.
>
> Shaun aRe - With a big heart and a small penis, I'm a pretty well
ballanced
> individual.

<serious mode again>

That helps I s'pose. Pisses me off, tho. Takes a perfectly harmless thread and inserts penis talk
for no good reason that I can see. I'm no prude... but at the same time I'm not asking for it, don't
want it, not interested in it, didn't set myself up for it, try to stay out of the innuendo threads
blah blah blah. How did he get from "pie-making granny" to there anyway?

</serious mode>

penny

> > > Shaun aRe - Screwed up, and insanely happy about it. Flangebucket's
full
> > of
> > > gristableness, overflowing into the world at large apples don't fit
into
> > > small bags under the eyes of needles me just thinking about it isn't
my
> > > fault line running under San Francisco is full of puffs of smoke
without
> > > fire the useless sucker oner thater.
> > >
> > > P.s. - Your hair looked better blue.
> >
> > Shaun.. Please..
> >
> > Put the keyboard down and slowly back away. It's for your own safety
and
> > the safety of others...
>
> Is it ****! You just want to take control of the uncandobilator machine
and
> take control of the inter-snack dissipationating red ant colony! Well, I'm not falling for that
> trick again, you that sucker this time, glow boy.
>
> Shaun aRe - Ultimate Protector Of Some Of All Of It.

<tightening straps on Shaun's new white "outfit">

"Ok, folks, there's nothing to see here... move along, now..."

penny s wrote:

> <serious mode again>
>
> That helps I s'pose. Pisses me off, tho. Takes a perfectly harmless thread and inserts penis talk
> for no good reason that I can see. I'm no prude... but at the same time I'm not asking for it,
> don't want it, not interested in it, didn't set myself up for it, try to stay out of the innuendo
> threads blah blah blah.

Agreed. Even I raised an eyebrow.

> How did he get from "pie-making granny" to there anyway?

I'm guessing it's a fetish...

penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Cameron <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > into
> > > >

> > Here, I'l translate his words for you Penny:
> >
> > > a) I was born with one. No 'try before buy' here.
> >
> > He had a cats penis grafted on at age 12.
> >
> > > b) It's a guy thing; unless you start dropin testosterone, you gals'
> won't
> > > understand. ;)
> >
> > he's bullshitting because he's not secure in his sexuality.
> >
> > > c) If you got it, grab and flaunt it!
> >
> > He hasn't got it, so feels the need to talk about it in a n/g.
> >
> > Penny - HTH.
> >
> > Shaun aRe - With a big heart and a small penis, I'm a pretty well
> ballanced
> > individual.
> >

> <serious mode again>
>
> That helps I s'pose. Pisses me off, tho. Takes a perfectly harmless
thread
> and inserts penis talk for no good reason that I can see. I'm no prude... but at the same time I'm
> not asking for it, don't want it, not interested in it, didn't set myself up for it, try to stay
> out of the innuendo
threads
> blah blah blah. How did he get from "pie-making granny" to there anyway?
>
> </serious mode>

I said it earlier, as the translation of his 'C).'

Don't worry about it Penny - we all go overboard sometimes, and if there's anywhere it's most likely
to happen, it's Usenet ',;~}

Shaun aRe

John Harlow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:RfKJ9.113691$pN3.8612@sccrnsc03...
> full
> > > of
> into
> my
> without

> > > Shaun.. Please..
> > >
> > > Put the keyboard down and slowly back away. It's for your own safety
> and
> > > the safety of others...
> >
> > Is it ****! You just want to take control of the uncandobilator machine
> and
> > take control of the inter-snack dissipationating red ant colony! Well,
I'm
> > not falling for that trick again, you that sucker this time, glow boy.
> >
> > Shaun aRe - Ultimate Protector Of Some Of All Of It.
>
> <tightening straps on Shaun's new white "outfit">
>
> "Ok, folks, there's nothing to see here... move along, now..."

<snapcrack!>

AHA! - You forgot about my restriction and danger activated Rhino gene super strength
enhancement mode!

I am free to love and live and swim in puddles and breath the foetid air of this petty planet once
again! Come little ants, I will save you!

<runs like ****>

Shaun aRe - 'ner'.

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> penny s wrote:
>
> > <serious mode again>
> >
> > That helps I s'pose. Pisses me off, tho. Takes a perfectly harmless
thread
> > and inserts penis talk for no good reason that I can see. I'm no
prude...
> > but at the same time I'm not asking for it, don't want it, not
interested
> > in it, didn't set myself up for it, try to stay out of the innuendo
threads
> > blah blah blah.
>
> Agreed. Even I raised an eyebrow.
>
> > How did he get from "pie-making granny" to there anyway?
>
> I'm guessing it's a fetish...

Its a stage boys go through in their development, usually starts at about 18mths and is over fairly
shortly afterwards....

Status
Not open for further replies.