Inner Thigh Muscle Injury

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by bobvau, Apr 3, 2011.

1. bobvau

bobvau New Member

A couple of years ago I injured my left inner thigh while cycling. To this day I really don't know why other than possibly over doing it. A cyclist and physical therapist friend said there is a muscle that starts on the outside of your hip, runs across the front of your quads then wraps over your inner thigh and anchors on the inside of the knee. Where I hurt is in that hollow spot about 6" above your knee on the inside of the leg. I am sore to the touch deep down.

I got over the initial injury within a couple of weeks. I have tweaked it a few times since but usually a week of rest does the trick. This time, however, I have already taken a month off with no rides except 3 easy, short rides just to test it. Even testing it makes it hurt worse. At this point all I can do is continue to rest but I'm wondering if anyone else has had an injury like this. It seems like an odd place for a cycling injury. That area seems more like an area a soccer player would injure.

I have had a bike fit done (twice) by good people so I'd be surprised if my fit is way off. I do tend to be stronger in my right leg than in my left and I wonder at times if my right leg overpowers my left leg and overpowers my left leg.

If you have any ideas let me know.

Tags:

2. bobvau

bobvau New Member

Oh and I am a road cyclist.