Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Inner tubes for 26x1.5 tyre ?

Started by gav_stephenson · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,231 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 June 2010
Last activity
15 June 2010
Original author
gav_stephenson
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,231
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everyone,

    Big 'first post' 'hiyaa!' to you all!

    I have a Kona Smoke. It had 26" slick tyres on but they are very wide and heavy. I have bought

    Schwalbe City Jet - MTB Bike Road Slick Tyres 26 x 1.5

    I think they should suit by needs.

    But now, my inner tubes are too big. Could any one recommend me a inner tube? Do those 'self repairing puncture' tubes actually work? Worth paying the extra for?

    What are the Specialized Inner Tubes (Size 26 x 1.2/1.5) and Schwalbe Inner Tubes (26 x 1 through 1.5) like? Those are the two I've had a good look at.

    Many thanks everybody. Have a nice day.

  2. Tubes are tubes. Brand doesn't really matter. All the protection and structure is in the tyre (not the tube) anyway.
    I wouldn't bother with slime tubes (self repairing) they very rarely live up to their name.
    How wide are your current tyres? I would probably try squeezing the old tubes back in first if there is nothing wrong with them. You'd just need to exercise more care to prevent piching under the tyre bead.

  3. gav_stephenson said:

    Hi everyone,

    Big 'first post' 'hiyaa!' to you all!

    I have a Kona Smoke. It had 26" slick tyres on but they are very wide and heavy. I have bought

    Schwalbe City Jet - MTB Bike Road Slick Tyres 26 x 1.5

    I think they should suit by needs.

    But now, my inner tubes are too big. Could any one recommend me a inner tube? Do those 'self repairing puncture' tubes actually work? Worth paying the extra for?

    What are the Specialized Inner Tubes (Size 26 x 1.2/1.5) and Schwalbe Inner Tubes (26 x 1 through 1.5) like? Those are the two I've had a good look at.

    Many thanks everybody. Have a nice day.

    Just get a decent butyl rubber tube in the size of the tire. Slime/self sealing tubes 'may' help but are much heavier and if the hole is too big for the goop to seal, can't patch them.

  4. Thanks very much for the replies, folks.

    I've bought some Specialized 26 x 1.2-1.5. Mainly because they were going cheap at Evans (£1.99). With Schraeder values.

  5. I tried getting my old inner tubes into my new tyres. Too much of a difference, unfortunately. They didn't fit.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.