General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Inov-8 Trail Shoes

Started by Andy Howell · · Last activity · 4 posts · 391 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 January 2006
Last activity
1 February 2006
Original author
Andy Howell
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
391
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
    with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.

    Anyone else who is wondering whether to experiment with these might be
    interested in following my experiences - just go to the blog address below.

    --
    Andy Howell, Birmingham, UK. To mail simply put back the dots ...

    Must Be Over There ...
    http://www.ecotrend.org.uk/trek

  2. "Andy Howell" <andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk> wrote in message
    news:C00441E8.48DBF%andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk...

    Quoted message said:

    Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
    with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.
    Andy Howell, Birmingham, UK. To mail simply put back the dots ...

    Haven't seen TGO's review but recently bought a pair of Terrocs with
    race vouchers I'd picked up here and there. With trail running and training
    in mind I bought them to give a bit more cushioning than the studs I
    normally
    wear for racing.
    I have to admit I agree with everything Andy says in his blog. For me
    they're
    perfect for training, comfortable as the day is long, whilst staying cool,
    breathable
    and protecting my feet from stony terrain. What's more, the unusual sole
    pattern
    seems to clog up far less with mud and dirt than my usual studs.
    For me, they're a bit 'dead' when it comes to moving at speed, as if they
    have a
    governor that stops me getting into top gear, so I couldn't race in them.
    But that
    shouldn't affect the walkers on this group!

  3. "Runningfox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Andy Howell" <andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk> wrote in message
    news:C00441E8.48DBF%andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk...

    Quoted message said:

    Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
    with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.
    Andy Howell, Birmingham, UK. To mail simply put back the dots ...

    Haven't seen TGO's review but recently bought a pair of Terrocs with
    race vouchers I'd picked up here and there. With trail running and
    training
    in mind I bought them to give a bit more cushioning than the studs I
    normally
    wear for racing.
    I have to admit I agree with everything Andy says in his blog. For me
    they're
    perfect for training, comfortable as the day is long, whilst staying cool,
    breathable
    and protecting my feet from stony terrain. What's more, the unusual sole
    pattern
    seems to clog up far less with mud and dirt than my usual studs.
    For me, they're a bit 'dead' when it comes to moving at speed, as if they
    have a
    governor that stops me getting into top gear, so I couldn't race in them.
    But that
    shouldn't affect the walkers on this group!


    The only thing I've found with mine is that they seem a little wide in the
    forefoot for me which is painful on rocky descents.

  4. Andy Howell said:

    Following TGO's review of these in the current issue I have been playing
    with a pair of Terroc trail shoes.

    Anyone else who is wondering whether to experiment with these might be
    interested in following my experiences - just go to the blog address below.

    Though as always, do try them on in person if you can. My fell shoes
    are Innov8 Mudclaws so I don't have any particular issues with the brand
    particularly, but trying on Flyrocs I just couldn't get them
    comfortable, so no sale there. So I'd have to be careful with Terrocs,
    rather than just assuming my comfort in the Mudclaws was all I needed to
    know.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.