inscents



J

Joe

Guest
just wondering whats a good scent to burn? what do some of you guys use?
 
G

George

Guest
Wow, you wouldn't have me as a customer no matter how good you are! Might as well burn cigars for
"ambiance". (Even if I weren't asthmatic, incense is pretty obnoxious.)

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> just wondering whats a good scent to burn? what do some of you guys use?
 
J

Judd

Guest
"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> just wondering whats a good scent to burn? what do some of you guys use?

Here's my favorite, not for using with clients, but for myself. Try Red Crystal Incense. Made in
Tibet, it is hands down, the most unique scent I have ever experienced. It can be found online, and
comes in a brown and yellow box. But I couldn't recommend burning it while giving a massage. I also
like the Japanese incense I find at health food stores. Most of the sticks are shorter than average
and have no stick at the tip. Red Crystal is also like that. You just have to find a burner designed
for them, or fill a cup with of sand and bury one tip so it stands up.
 
G

George

Guest
Isn't incense at a "health food" store the ultimate irony? Do they keep it near the healthy
cigarettes or the organic vodka? If smoke inhalation was good for you, your lungs wouldn't make you
cough it out! I couldn't trust such a health food store!

(Stepping off the pulpit.) Of course, if you like scent of incense by all means enjoy it. (If you'd
said you got this incense online, or at a liquor store, or a head shop, or almost anything but a
health food store, I'd never have responded.)

"judd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> I also like the Japanese incense I find at health food stores.
 
J

Judd

Guest
"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Isn't incense at a "health food" store the ultimate irony? Do they keep it near the healthy
> cigarettes or the organic vodka? If smoke inhalation was good for you, your lungs wouldn't make
> you cough it out! I couldn't trust such a health food store!

I don't really know how to respond. I trust Tibetan Monks, Native Americans, Hindus, and the Hebrews
of the old Testament. They all either burned incense or smoked with spiritual overtones.

> (Stepping off the pulpit.) Of course, if you like scent of incense by all means enjoy it. (If
> you'd said you got this incense online, or at a liquor store, or a head shop, or almost anything
> but a health food store, I'd never have responded.)

Even Earthfare, the "organic supermarket", sells incense. I guess as long as the ventilation is
okay, a little smoke doesn't bother me. I have yet to cough. I couldn't burn stick after stick, day
in and day out, but a few times here and there is no different from a fireplace, in my opinion.
 
M

Mj Hess

Guest
"judd" <[email protected]> wrote in message

I don't really know how to respond. I trust Tibetan Monks, Native Americans, Hindus, and the Hebrews
of the old Testament. They all either burned incense or smoked with spiritual overtones.

-- I use it as a relaxation/meditation tool for myself along with candles. Yet growing up with a
sibling that is severely asthmatic, my personal fondness for these things developed as I was out and
on my own. It also made me more aware of the struggles that people have with allergens and etc..

But it's not like I'm sitting there burning incense and sucking it up thru a tube into my lungs...
it disperses a great deal before it reaches our noses and our noses filter the majority of
pollutants before it hits our lungs. My favorite kinda fire though, I must admit.. is a campfire!
<--good for me or not.. it's good for me lol (I know that made sense to some of you)

Mj
 
G

Greg

Guest
I know 'zactly what you mean!! There is something very mesmerizing about fires in general, and
campfires in particular. They smell good, feel good and you can lose yourself (at least I can) for
hours in them.

"Mj Hess" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "judd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>
>> My favorite kinda fire though, I must admit.. is a campfire!
<--good for me
> or not.. it's good for me lol (I know that made sense to some of you)
>
> Mj
 
M

Mj Hess

Guest
-) indeed! Thanks for the understanding post and sharing of the bliss.
"Greg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I know 'zactly what you mean!! There is something very mesmerizing about fires in general, and
> campfires in particular. They smell good, feel good and you can lose yourself (at least I can) for
> hours in them.
>
>
> "Mj Hess" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "judd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> >
> >> My favorite kinda fire though, I must admit.. is a campfire!
> <--good for me
> > or not.. it's good for me lol (I know that made sense to some of you)
> >
> > Mj
 
G

George

Guest
Campfires are nice...I just have to move a lot as the wind shifts.

"Mj Hess" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> -- I use it as a relaxation/meditation tool for myself along with candles. Yet growing up with
> a sibling that is severely asthmatic, my personal fondness for these things developed as I was
> out and on my own. It also made me more aware of the struggles that people have with allergens
> and etc..
>
> But it's not like I'm sitting there burning incense and sucking it up thru
a
> tube into my lungs... it disperses a great deal before it reaches our
noses
> and our noses filter the majority of pollutants before it hits our lungs. My favorite kinda fire
> though, I must admit.. is a campfire! <--good for
me
> or not.. it's good for me lol (I know that made sense to some of you)
>
> Mj