Insole Replacements

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by N_a_j, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. N_a_j

    N_a_j Guest

    Hi, I am looking for some information on replacement insoles. I'm considering Sof Sole,
    Sorbothane, and Spenco. I just had some new orthotics made. I went from full-length cushioned
    orthotics to 3/4 length plastic ones. The trouble is that since I've been wearing the full-length
    ones for so long, I threw away the original insoles that came with many of my shoes. I need the
    replacement insoles to work in conjunction with the new orthotics. I'm leaning toward the plain
    old flat Spencos. Any thoughts?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, N_A_J
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi, I am looking for some information on replacement insoles. I'm considering Sof Sole,
    > Sorbothane, and Spenco. I just had some new orthotics made. I went from full-length cushioned
    > orthotics to 3/4 length plastic ones. The trouble is that since I've been wearing the full-length
    > ones for so long, I threw away the original insoles that came with many of my shoes. I need the
    > replacement insoles to work in conjunction with the new orthotics. I'm leaning toward the plain
    > old flat Spencos. Any thoughts?

    Your flat Spenco insoles will most likely serve you the best. And they'll let your orthotics do
    their wonders.

    In health and on the run, Ozzie Gontang Maintainer - rec.running FAQ Director, San Diego Marathon
    Clinic, est. 1975

    Mindful Running: http://www.mindfulness.com/mr.asp http://www.faqs.org/faqs/running-faq/

  3. Paulm1125

    Paulm1125 Guest

    >Your flat Spenco insoles will most likely serve you the best. And they'll let your orthotics do
    >their wonders.

    Having worn 3/4 length hard orthotics for several years, I would agree with Ozzie's advice .

    Paul

  4. Aw

    Aw Guest

    "N_A_J" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi, I am looking for some information on replacement insoles...to work in
    conjunction with the new orthotics...leaning toward the plain old flat Spencos.<

    I use the plain Spencos, and they work great for me. But I don't wear orthotics. I don't even use
    the insoles that normally comes with the shoe.

  5. N_a_j

    N_a_j Guest

    Thanks for the advice. I went out and bought the plain Spencos. They do seem like the best fit with
    the orthotics.