Inspiration and a Prayer for 2005

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ride-A-Lot, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    I am not a religious person but I have had such a wonderful year that I
    need to give thanks.

    God, give me strength to continue my journey through this life.
    Continue to guide me along a path that is healthy, understanding, and
    aware of the world around me. Let me be stronger both physically and
    mentally, so that I may care for myself and the people who rely on me.
    Give me hope that I can resolve any conflicts that arise with dignity
    and fairness. Keep my family and friends healthy and help them to
    understand me and the changes I have made in my life.

    Thank you God, for using the bicycle as your message to me. As long as
    I have my family, my health, my bicycle, a place to ride, and faith in
    you, then I am truly blessed.

    Best wishes to everyone for a joyous new year.

    Ride... Ride... Ride a lot!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

    Tags:

  2. On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:43 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:

    > God, give me strength ...
    >
    > Thank you God, ... and faith in
    > you, then I am truly blessed.

    I thought you said you werent a religious person.

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

  3. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Matthew Paterson wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:43 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >

    >>God, give me strength ...
    >>
    >>Thank you God, ... and faith in
    >>you, then I am truly blessed.

    > I thought you said you werent a religious person.

    I'm not, but I am not a pagan either. I know where to throw my support,
    even if I am not a regular visitor to his house.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am not a religious person but I have had such a wonderful year that I
    >need to give thanks.
    >
    > God, give me strength to continue my journey through this life. Continue
    > to guide me along a path that is healthy, understanding, and aware of the
    > world around me. Let me be stronger both physically and mentally, so that
    > I may care for myself and the people who rely on me. Give me hope that I
    > can resolve any conflicts that arise with dignity and fairness. Keep my
    > family and friends healthy and help them to understand me and the changes
    > I have made in my life.
    >
    > Thank you God, for using the bicycle as your message to me. As long as I
    > have my family, my health, my bicycle, a place to ride, and faith in you,
    > then I am truly blessed.
    >
    > Best wishes to everyone for a joyous new year.
    >
    > Ride... Ride... Ride a lot!
    >
    > --
    > o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    > www.schnauzers.ws

    Very nice.
    I'm not religious either, but I do have a relationship with God, and have
    done a fair bit of praying on a bike. Especially before a tricky section,
    or in thankfulness when just blown away by the beauty and majesty of the
    outdoors.

    Paladin

  5. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Matthew Paterson wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:43 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >>

    >>> God, give me strength ...
    >>>
    >>> Thank you God, ... and faith in you, then I am truly blessed.

    >> I thought you said you werent a religious person.
    >>

    > I'm not, but I am not a pagan either. I know where to throw my support,
    > even if I am not a regular visitor to his house.

    To make this fair, I'll wave my trusty chicken foot over my bike or
    throw a virgin frame into a volcano or something. Or maybe not.

    It's been another good year for me too, but I never know which god I
    should be thanking.

    I think I like the idea of Karma more than anything else these days.
    Makes me feel good about my future and takes care of any revenge I might
    feel I need to inflict when I'm having a weak moment.

    Matt

  6. Goodoz

    Goodoz Guest

    > I'm not religious either, but I do have a relationship with God, and have
    > done a fair bit of praying on a bike. Especially before a tricky section,
    > or in thankfulness when just blown away by the beauty and majesty of the
    > outdoors.
    >
    > Paladin

    Ditto -- one can be spiritual without engaging heavily upon the formal and
    public religious element of society (or even at all -- whatever floats your
    boat). That kind of quiet personal meditation brings me strength all year
    long. To quote a character in the film "Platoon"..."Free your mind, and
    your ass will follow!" [Deep, huh?] Even Still, I liked RAL's 2005
    prayer...

    Goodoz

  7. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the
    difference."

    Read that in a Kurt Vonnegut book.

    /s

  8. John Harlow