Inspiration and a Prayer for 2005

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
I am not a religious person but I have had such a wonderful year that I
need to give thanks.

God, give me strength to continue my journey through this life.
Continue to guide me along a path that is healthy, understanding, and
aware of the world around me. Let me be stronger both physically and
mentally, so that I may care for myself and the people who rely on me.
Give me hope that I can resolve any conflicts that arise with dignity
and fairness. Keep my family and friends healthy and help them to
understand me and the changes I have made in my life.

Thank you God, for using the bicycle as your message to me. As long as
I have my family, my health, my bicycle, a place to ride, and faith in
you, then I am truly blessed.

Best wishes to everyone for a joyous new year.

Ride... Ride... Ride a lot!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:43 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> God, give me strength ...
>
> Thank you God, ... and faith in
> you, then I am truly blessed.

I thought you said you werent a religious person.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Matthew Paterson wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:43 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>

>>God, give me strength ...
>>
>>Thank you God, ... and faith in
>>you, then I am truly blessed.

> I thought you said you werent a religious person.

I'm not, but I am not a pagan either. I know where to throw my support,
even if I am not a regular visitor to his house.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am not a religious person but I have had such a wonderful year that I
>need to give thanks.
>
> God, give me strength to continue my journey through this life. Continue
> to guide me along a path that is healthy, understanding, and aware of the
> world around me. Let me be stronger both physically and mentally, so that
> I may care for myself and the people who rely on me. Give me hope that I
> can resolve any conflicts that arise with dignity and fairness. Keep my
> family and friends healthy and help them to understand me and the changes
> I have made in my life.
>
> Thank you God, for using the bicycle as your message to me. As long as I
> have my family, my health, my bicycle, a place to ride, and faith in you,
> then I am truly blessed.
>
> Best wishes to everyone for a joyous new year.
>
> Ride... Ride... Ride a lot!
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Very nice.
I'm not religious either, but I do have a relationship with God, and have
done a fair bit of praying on a bike. Especially before a tricky section,
or in thankfulness when just blown away by the beauty and majesty of the
outdoors.

Paladin

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Matthew Paterson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:36:43 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>

>>> God, give me strength ...
>>>
>>> Thank you God, ... and faith in you, then I am truly blessed.

>> I thought you said you werent a religious person.
>>

> I'm not, but I am not a pagan either. I know where to throw my support,
> even if I am not a regular visitor to his house.

To make this fair, I'll wave my trusty chicken foot over my bike or
throw a virgin frame into a volcano or something. Or maybe not.

It's been another good year for me too, but I never know which god I
should be thanking.

I think I like the idea of Karma more than anything else these days.
Makes me feel good about my future and takes care of any revenge I might
feel I need to inflict when I'm having a weak moment.

Matt

> I'm not religious either, but I do have a relationship with God, and have
> done a fair bit of praying on a bike. Especially before a tricky section,
> or in thankfulness when just blown away by the beauty and majesty of the
> outdoors.
>
> Paladin

Ditto -- one can be spiritual without engaging heavily upon the formal and
public religious element of society (or even at all -- whatever floats your
boat). That kind of quiet personal meditation brings me strength all year
long. To quote a character in the film "Platoon"..."Free your mind, and
your ass will follow!" [Deep, huh?] Even Still, I liked RAL's 2005
prayer...

Goodoz

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to always tell the
difference."

Read that in a Kurt Vonnegut book.

/s

I'm a man...