Inspired Bike Racks

PiledHigher said:
http://www.nkcdc.org/artracks.htm

Hmm, inspired stuff. Especially the first one that looks a tad Burning Man. I'd be interested in knowing how practical they are from a parking/safety POV.

On a slight tangent, who uses the organic-style parking loops on High Street Westgarth? (trendy name for South Northcote) They were installed in the late 90's, I was wondering what people thought of them. Practical? Inpractical?

cfsmtb said:
Hmm, inspired stuff. Especially the first one that looks a tad Burning Man. I'd be interested in knowing how practical they are from a parking/safety POV.

On a slight tangent, who uses the organic-style parking loops on High Street Westgarth? (trendy name for South Northcote) They were installed in the late 90's, I was wondering what people thought of them. Practical? Inpractical?

what shape are they?

looking at this stuff in Boroondara at the mo

> On a slight tangent, who uses the organic-style parking loops on High
> Street Westgarth? (trendy name for South Northcote) They were installed
> in the late 90's, I was wondering what people thought of them.
> Practical? Inpractical?

Are they the same ones at the Museum/Exhibition ctr in Carlton?

I've found them to be somewhat oversized, making them very difficult to
use in a hurry.

Form over function most definitely.

Jules

flyingdutch said:
what shape are they?

looking at this stuff in Boroondara at the mo

Excellent condition. Um, think parts of mega-fauna skeleton's done in bronze. Go & have a look.

cfsmtb said:

There was a story in the local rag how that when these were installed in High St, there was a bike locked to one of the existing inverted U style racks. So they unbolted the rack from the ground, unthreaded the bike, threaded it onto the new rack then bolted the new rack to the ground. They wondered if the owner noticed when they returned to unlock their bike.