Inspired by P3?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tech72, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Tech72

Tech72 New Member

I've been casually looking around for a hi-end carbon TT frameset and have concluded that many of the new carbon TT framesets from different manufacturers all have designs based on the Cervelo P3, in particular the carbon version. Pinarello Montello FP8, Specialized Transition, Orbea Ordu, Isaac, etc. all copied the P3 design but the resulting look is very unbalanced. How does everyone like the carbon Trek TTX frameset?

Tags:

2. rudycyclist

rudycyclist New Member

I just got a 9.5 TTX this past year and I love it. It's a really nice machine. It is really aero and flies with a disc. If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask.

3. padawan

padawan New Member

Admittedly, I'm a little biased towards Cervelo bikes but here's a couple of interesting points...

More sponsored pros that choose to ride something other than their sponsor's bike for TTs (in some cases it's because the sponsor bike company doesn't make a TT bike) choose the P3.

Also, Cervelos (and primarily the P3) far outnumber any other bike manufacturer at the World Ironman Championships in Kona.

They do know how to make a good TT bike!

Fit is still more important than anything else so make sure the bike you're buying fits. Having said that - if you like the fit of a Cervelo TT bike, you won't be disappointed.

Pad