Instant karma

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> From this week's b3ta newsletter...should bring a smile to the
> face of cyclists everywhere.
>
> Apparently the idiot is alive and well, but spent about a
> month having his face put back together.
>
> http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1
>
> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so
> it doesn't work in Mozilla.

My teeth hurt just watching that. Stupid prat.
--
Mark

1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> From this week's b3ta newsletter...should bring a smile to the face of
> cyclists everywhere.
>
> Apparently the idiot is alive and well, but spent about a month having his
> face put back together.
>
> http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1
>
> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it doesn't
> work in Mozilla.

Oh good, perhaps the little sh*t has learnt his lesson and won't attempt to
win a Darwin Award in this way again.

Cheers, helen s

Zog The Undeniable composed the following;:
> From this week's b3ta newsletter...should bring a smile to the face of
> cyclists everywhere.
>
> Apparently the idiot is alive and well, but spent about a month having
> his face put back together.
>
> http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1
>
> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it
> doesn't work in Mozilla.

Instant Karma, more like Instant Justice.

--
Paul ...
School Ebay Sale Item numbers

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> <URL:http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1>
>
> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it doesn't
> work in Mozilla.

Works OK in Firefox 1.0.

Danny Colyer wrote:

> Works OK in Firefox 1.0.

I should upgrade, really...

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> From this week's b3ta newsletter...should bring a smile to the face of
> cyclists everywhere.
>
> Apparently the idiot is alive and well, but spent about a month having
> his face put back together.
>
> http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1
>
> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it
> doesn't work in Mozilla.

Ethical dilema...

Had you been that cyclist or his mate, would you stop to kick the **** out
if the guy. Or would it be to risky as his mates had just got out of the
car.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this:

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>
>> <URL:http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1>
>>

>> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it
>> doesn't work in Mozilla.

> Works OK in Firefox 1.0.

not totally, it started ok in my firefox then stopped working ...
opening firefox again firefox was locked and wouldnt open.

its an xp pro clean install working flawlessly otherwise

I wrote:
>>Works OK in Firefox 1.0.

and jas0n responded:
> not totally, it started ok in my firefox then stopped working ...
> opening firefox again firefox was locked and wouldnt open.
>
> its an xp pro clean install working flawlessly otherwise

OK, it works in FF 1.0 on W2K. For me. YMMV.

Andy Morris wrote:
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>
>>From this week's b3ta newsletter...should bring a smile to the face of
>>cyclists everywhere.
>>
>>Apparently the idiot is alive and well, but spent about a month having
>>his face put back together.
>>
>>http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1
>>
>>Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it
>>doesn't work in Mozilla.

> Ethical dilema...
>

> Had you been that cyclist or his mate, would you stop to kick the **** out
> if the guy. Or would it be to risky as his mates had just got out of the
> car.

nah, mates were in too much shock to think, kick the **** out of them
first ... then get going with the downed idiot ;)

its almost too painful to watch that footage ... over and over and over
.... !

jas0n wrote:
> not totally, it started ok in my firefox then stopped working ...
> opening firefox again firefox was locked and wouldnt open.
>
> its an xp pro clean install working flawlessly otherwise

Interestingly I had a very similar experience with Firefox on Linux. No
plugin, the plugin manager didn't manage to get past "looking for
plugins", and it brought down my system. I haven't dared try again
because I'm frankly terrified of anything that kills Linux.

Jon

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>
>> <URL:http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1>
>>

>> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it
>> doesn't work in Mozilla.

> Works OK in Firefox 1.0.

Not in my Firefox 1.0

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap

Response to :
> Interestingly I had a very similar experience with Firefox on Linux. No
> plugin, the plugin manager didn't manage to get past "looking for
> plugins", and it brought down my system. I haven't dared try again
> because I'm frankly terrified of anything that kills Linux.

I let the plugin manager look for quite a long time before stopping it;
no data transfer going on at all. My system stayed up, obviously because
I was using the stable and Totally Reliable Windows 98. [Brief manic
laugh, recovers almost instantly]

--
Mark, UK.

"I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except
when they're writing on a subject I know something about."

JLB wrote:
> Danny Colyer wrote:
>
>> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>>
>>> <URL:http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1220&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1>
>>>

>>> Only works in IE, probably because MS cripple Media Player so it
>>> doesn't work in Mozilla.

>> Works OK in Firefox 1.0.
>>

> Not in my Firefox 1.0

Works OK in my FF; opens in what looks like Quicktime.

Mark McNeill said the following on 13/02/2005 09:16:
> Response to :
>
>>Interestingly I had a very similar experience with Firefox on Linux. No
>>plugin, the plugin manager didn't manage to get past "looking for
>>plugins", and it brought down my system. I haven't dared try again
>>because I'm frankly terrified of anything that kills Linux.

> I let the plugin manager look for quite a long time before stopping it;
> no data transfer going on at all. My system stayed up, obviously because
> I was using the stable and Totally Reliable Windows 98. [Brief manic
> laugh, recovers almost instantly]

It is a windows media, with an extension .wmv, hence I don't think it would play in linux right
away within any browser. For win98, it should have worked without any problem (if it hadn't).
Here is the direct link to the file:
http://media.uselessjunk.org/videos/instant_karma_darwin.wmv You can save it by right clicking
on it. Then it will be easier to watch using either media player or other video player of your
choice.

--
Ufuk YILDIRIM
yoruk at hotmail dot com

"The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same
good things for the first time." F. Nietzsche

Ziggi wrote:
> It is a windows media, with an extension .wmv, hence I don't think it
> would play in linux right away within any browser. For win98, it should
> have worked without any problem (if it hadn't). Here is the direct link
> to the file:
> http://media.uselessjunk.org/videos/instant_karma_darwin.wmv You can
> save it by right clicking on it. Then it will be easier to watch using
> either media player or other video player of your choice.

OK. Finally got it. I had to make a web page that I could then right
click on (Still haven't got Thunderbird set up properly). I have this to
say.

Ah ha.

Ah ha ha ha.

<sniggering>

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Every now and again, I see something which almost makes me believe in a god!

Jon

Response to Ziggi:
> It is a windows media, with an extension .wmv, hence I don't think it would play in linux right
> away within any browser. For win98, it should have worked without any problem (if it hadn't).

Ta - in the event I fired up IE (for the first time in yonks) and media
player played it with no problem.

--
Mark, UK.

"How many things which served us yesterday as articles of faith,
are fables for us today."

Jon Senior wrote:
> Ziggi wrote:
>
>> It is a windows media, with an extension .wmv, hence I don't think it
>> would play in linux right away within any browser. For win98, it
>> should have worked without any problem (if it hadn't). Here is the
>> direct link to the file:
>> http://media.uselessjunk.org/videos/instant_karma_darwin.wmv You can
>> save it by right clicking on it. Then it will be easier to watch using
>> either media player or other video player of your choice.

> OK. Finally got it. I had to make a web page that I could then right
> click on (Still haven't got Thunderbird set up properly). I have this to
> say.

Ive been trying out thunderbird for newsgroups ... i havent found a way
to set default views for all newsgroups so each one I subscribe to I
have to reset how it looks ... I just want them to appear all threaded,
start collapsed and in descending order.

Also, how to define a view that shows whole threads with my message in
them or replies to my messages.

Ive been using Super Gravity and am missing those features big time at
the moment (and thinking of going back to it) and not sure if its me
being a little thick with the user interface.

and to be a little more on topic .... has been very windy this weekend,
not great cycling weather unless lucky enough to have that wind as a
tail wind!

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:46:25 +0000, jas0n <[email protected]> wrote:

>and to be a little more on topic .... has been very windy this weekend,
>not great cycling weather unless lucky enough to have that wind as a
>tail wind!

Didn't that luxury this morning at 0630 - Was virtually crawling along
Queslett road and up Walsall road. Crossed the M5 and that's when the
horizontal stinging snow started pelting me.

Couldn't see where I was going.

--
Jesus was apparently betrayed by 8.3% of his disciples.