Instant karma

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Zog The Undeniable, Feb 12, 2005.

  1. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Richard Bates wrote:
    > Didn't that luxury this morning at 0630 - Was virtually crawling along
    > Queslett road and up Walsall road. Crossed the M5 and that's when the
    > horizontal stinging snow started pelting me.

    We had hail like that this morning. The snow came a bit later.

    I went on one of today's CTC rides. Our very own Richard Burton led
    what turned out to be the hilliest ride I've ever done. I used to think
    I liked hills - I realised today that I only really like them when they
    have the occasional flat bit in between!

    Anyway, I demonstrated how recumbents can climb perfectly well before
    lunch, but don't do such a good job after lunch.

  2. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Anyway, I demonstrated how recumbents can climb perfectly well before
    > lunch, but don't do such a good job after lunch.

    Is this limited to recumbents? Perhaps you could tow an upright until
    lunch and then tow the recumbent. A set of stabilisers and a length of
    rope should suffice as long as you don't corner too hard or brake on
    hills! :)

    Jon

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "jas0n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > and to be a little more on topic .... has been very windy this weekend,
    > not great cycling weather unless lucky enough to have that wind as a
    > tail wind!

    Not so lucky. Either a side wind or in my face for most of the loop.
    Steering was 'interesting' at several farm gates.

    The part with a tail wind was through trees so little benefit.

    average speed was down massively -- but it was bright & sparkly and much
    better out than not.

    Nice ride despite the wind.

  4. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Andy Morris wrote:

    > Ethical dilema...
    >

    > Had you been that cyclist or his mate, would you stop to kick the
    > crap out if the guy. Or would it be to risky as his mates had just
    > got out of the car.

    I'd have stopped to try to save his life as I would with anyone who was
    seriously hurt, no matter what my personal feelings about them. I think
    retribution could be considered complete at that point.

    --
    Dave...

  5. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

  6. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Graeme wrote:

    > "Request for URL http://69.93.100.116:80/modules.php denied by
    > WebBlocker: denied blocked for full nudity, sexual acts/text, gross
    > depictions/text."
    >
    > Oooh, sounds fun whatever it is :)

    Numpties filming from inside their car as they overtake some kids on
    bikes. One of them opens the rear door and leans right out to take a
    swipe at one of the kids. The door swings open, carrying him further
    out than he intends. He gets the bumper of a parked car full in the
    mush and rapidly exits the car.

    --
    Dave...