Instant Karma..!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by whuppingboy, Aug 26, 2010.

1. whuppingboy

whuppingboy New Member

I would be as bold as to say that i am quite a courteous cyclist when im in traffic, waving and acknowledging drivers, waiting at lights and generally being considerate to other road users.
    The other night I was squashed onto the pavement by an inconsiderate driver, i just popped up onto the pavement without showing any annoyance.
    The traffic approached some lights and stopped, I then went all the way up the side of the traffic and stopped at the lights.
    As i passed the driver I glanced across and he gave me a round of F**** from iside his car!!!
    I then proceeded to flip him the bird and tell him how much i appreciated his driving skills earlier, (I have never done this kind of thing before).
    I wizzed off up the road and he couldn't catch up because the bus was stopping every now and then.
    1 mile later I caught a flat tyre and nearly fell off.
    I then had to walk home and it started to rain, TORRENTIALLY......
    I arrived home 45 minutes late, wet, tired and well p***** off.
    Maybe Karma was involved maybe it wasn't, but in future i'm gonna turn the other cheek.
    Lesson to be learned.

Tags:

2. genedan

genedan New Member

I used to make gestures like that in my salad days, but I've learned that doing so can incite aggression or even get you shot at.

There are always drivers like that and there isn't much you can do about it. Anyway, a driver like the one you just described is probably at an increased risk himself of getting into an accident, and probably pays higher insurance premiums as a result.

Just think of it this way, drivers are a lot more likely to get killed by another car than you are (when you're riding a bike).