Instantly become more visible with awesome band? Thoughts?

excellence

Jul 14, 2014
Hey guys, so I’m a pretty casual cyclist and also a shopper on Kickstarter. I usually check it out and
it’s especially nice to see some bike projects. I found a campaign that innovated on the
regular bikeband and uses magnets to adjust and fasten which I thought was pretty neat.
It is also entirely reversible so it can be reflective for night time riding or a sleek black in the day time.
It also does a range of other things so that was really surprising.

I found it here: http://kck.st/1lRYlEg
Let me know what you guys think.

dabac

Sep 16, 2003
I like hi-viz vests. To me, nothing says "unprotected human ahead" as well as seeing a torso shape light up at the expected torso height. With that as a main course - together with at least regulation lights, a slender strap like that won't do much. I tried using straps for my wrists, to make my turn signals more visible. But I kept forgetting to put them on.

Owboduz

Jun 25, 2013
I don't get what makes these better than normal bands. To add to what dabac said, I use bands just to keep my trousers out of the chain. Between a cateye light set and a pair of fibre flares, you'd have to try pretty hard not to see me.

plex

May 8, 2014
Originally Posted by Froze
LOL, I love the moronic commercial, it sounded like true info commercial...full of bull.
Yes it's true, it is corny but they don't have a lot of money to make a high budget commercial or they would not being doing a kickstarter.
The product honestly looks pretty legit but I would like to see more footage of it in action.
A lot of really cool cycling gear started out with a kickstarter like braingear and revolights.

Froze

Jul 13, 2004
NE Indiana
Originally Posted by plex
Yes it's true, it is corny but they don't have a lot of money to make a high budget commercial or they would not being doing a kickstarter.
The product honestly looks pretty legit but I would like to see more footage of it in action.
A lot of really cool cycling gear started out with a kickstarter like braingear and revolights.
I agree there needs to be better photography to show how well these reflect by comparing it other leg bands; but this product isn't unique it's just slightly different, and all the other things they show that it could be used for would very rarely if ever get used like that in real life. And besides the magnet idea has been tried before in the past and there still some on Amazon.

plex

May 8, 2014
Originally Posted by Froze
I agree there needs to be better photography to show how well these reflect by comparing it other leg bands; but this product isn't unique it's just slightly different, and all the other things they show that it could be used for would very rarely if ever get used like that in real life. And besides the magnet idea has been tried before in the past and there still some on Amazon.
Yeah not very exciting