Insulin Info

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mike, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm wondering if anyone here has a good web resource for a graph (preferrably) with the various
    insulins and their acativity curves? I had one but the link is dead.

    thanks, Mike Type 1 37, Dx in 1979 at 9.

    Tags:

  2. Igor

    Igor Guest

    [email protected] (Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone here has a good web resource for a graph (preferrably) with the various
    > insulins and their acativity curves? I had one but the link is dead.

    http://www.2aida.org/online/ You can simulate there any dose of insulin plus the carbs and see
    the graphs.

    Igor

  3. Mack

    Mack Guest

    On 27 Jan 2004 08:44:51 -0800, [email protected] (Igor) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I'm wondering if anyone here has a good web resource for a graph (preferrably) with the various
    >> insulins and their acativity curves? I had one but the link is dead.
    >>

    >http://www.2aida.org/online/ You can simulate there any dose of insulin plus the carbs and see
    >the graphs.
    >
    >Igor

    it doesn't use humalog, novolog or lantus and when you enter the times for long and short acting
    insulin there are not enough data fields to enter the injections/times correctly for the insulins
    that are referenced.

    Mack Type 1 since 1975 http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

    In tribute to the United States of America and the State of Israel, two bastions of strength in a
    world filled with strife and terrorism.

  4. Guy

    Guy Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:58:53 -0500, Mack <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On 27 Jan 2004 08:44:51 -0800, [email protected] (Igor) wrote:
    >
    >>mpomp[email protected] (Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> I'm wondering if anyone here has a good web resource for a graph (preferrably) with the various
    >>> insulins and their acativity curves? I had one but the link is dead.
    >>>

    >>http://www.2aida.org/online/ You can simulate there any dose of insulin plus the carbs and see
    >>the graphs.
    >>
    >>Igor
    >

    >it doesn't use humalog, novolog or lantus and when you enter the times for long and short acting
    >insulin there are not enough data fields to enter the injections/times correctly for the insulins
    >that are referenced.
    >
    >Mack Type 1 since 1975 http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
    >
    > In tribute to the United States of America and the State of Israel, two bastions of strength in a
    > world filled with strife and terrorism.

    AIDA Most of what I did was setup a stable situation and read the insulin data from their digital
    display. Entered it into a spread sheet and went wild with various situations. Proved useful.

    Do very little now. Too tired. But you can get some pretty good data from this procedure. I
    extracted Humalog and Lantus info from some published graphs. Aida was supposed to add these. I
    need to check.

    The older Joslin curves were a joke. Many others are guesses. But as Old Al points out there are
    individual differences. I used the general shape and adjusted to my measured data.

    A lot of work to get exact data for you. It did point out the Lantus overlap in my situation.

    Most people do not need to do this. Engineering types are the ones that play these games. Find out
    what works for you and stick with it. Stay away from fads and guesses. Guy