Insurance Covered Bike Fitting

ThatILGuy

Jun 8, 2012
I'm in the process of recovering from a hip labrum reconstruction, and have had a couple of months of daily stationary rides as part of the rehab. Although I'm still crutching around, I'm preparing to get my bike back on the road. My doctor has prescribed a bike fitting as part of the rehab, as cycling is the main sport that I'm looking to get back to.

Has anyone had success getting insurance to cover a fitting? Especially helpful if they have done it in the Chicago area. I've been going to Athletico for PT, and they have someone who can do the fitting, so if Blue Cross (PPO) will cover it, I'll probably go there. If they won't, then I'm sure I'll get better value for my money at someplace like Iron Cycles or Get A Grip. I've called the insurance company and they said they needed a procedure code to look anything up.

Any thoughts, experiences, offers of free computrainer time to a guy on the mend would be appreciated.

Thanks.

E.J.

A bike fitting as part of a prescription. Ok that's a good one. I wonder if they want him to ride it too. I guess if it is fitted properly it will make riding easier. Won't cause any problems for the surgery. Amazing how people let themselves get to this point.