Insurance

Monte730

Jun 29, 2011
Hello, this seems the apporpriate area to post and my question is what of insurance for your bicycle? I live in NJ. I was wondering if there are good companies that offer insurance and as to whether what your experience (if any) has been with obtaining bicycle insurance.

Thank You.

Originally Posted by Monte730 .

Hello, this seems the apporpriate area to post and my question is what of insurance for your bicycle? I live in NJ. I was wondering if there are good companies that offer insurance and as to whether what your experience (if any) has been with obtaining bicycle insurance.

Thank You.
I'm pretty certain you can buy dedicated bike insurance policies from any major insurer but the easier route is to cover your bikes as part of your homeowners or renters insurance. If they're particularly expensive bikes they may need to be declared as high value items and you'll definitely want to keep photos and serial number information on file to establish value if they are ever stolen or destroyed. Check with your insurer for specifics.

-Dave

Originally Posted by daveryanwyoming .

I'm pretty certain you can buy dedicated bike insurance policies from any major insurer but the easier route is to cover your bikes as part of your homeowners or renters insurance. If they're particularly expensive bikes they may need to be declared as high value items and you'll definitely want to keep photos and serial number information on file to establish value if they are ever stolen or destroyed. Check with your insurer for specifics.

-Dave
You can buy bike-specific insurance coverage. It's about $350 a year. The question is ...is the juice worth the squeeze?