INSYNC 158 suspension fork question...

gclark8

Apr 13, 2004
"INSYNC 158 suspension fork with 45 mm of travel"

I am looking at buying a bike with this fork, can it be adjusted for travel and weight?

If so, how?

Is there a manufacturers web site? Diagrams?

Any help is appreciated.

dont be stupid. buy a bike with a manitou, a marzocchi, or a rockshox fork. If youre poor like me, buy the shittiest bike with RST, as theyre better than nsyncs. make sure you get one that fits though. I dont actually know much about this but I've read a lot on that topic. If you can muster up 400 buy a Gary Fisher wahoo - relatively low end components but a really nice ride, with comfortable genesis geometry, and a fork thats quite cheap but feels nice.

Thanks for the reply, that's good advice:
If youre poor like me, buy the shittiest bike with RST, as theyre better than nsyncs. make sure you get one that fits though.

The bike came yesterday. It has RST, nice and soft, just what I needed, travel is a little longer but once in the saddle thats OK. It came with a huge fold out sheet in 5 languages that says nothing can be adjusted. ;)

It is an entry level (around US$400) trekking bike from Felt (Trevisa), bought for winter shopping and commuting to the pool. Today it gets its carrier, next week its winter fenders... I have bought nice Michelin Panniers..

gclark8 said:
Thanks for the reply, that's good advice:

The bike came yesterday. It has RST, nice and soft, just what I needed, travel is a little longer but once in the saddle thats OK. It came with a huge fold out sheet in 5 languages that says nothing can be adjusted. ;)

It is an entry level (around US$400) trekking bike from Felt (Trevisa), bought for winter shopping and commuting to the pool. Today it gets its carrier, next week its winter fenders... I have bought nice Michelin Panniers..

Good for you that it didn't came with the Insync, those are **** :eek: Mine came with one of those, don't know the model but it lasted about 6 months, then I bought a Marzocchi MX comp w/ETA, great fork, it is about a year old and have done nothing to it, it holds the pressure for long time I seldomly have to put air into it. I wanted durability and sturdiness as main feature I didn't care for weight, and Marzocchi was recommended over Rock Shox and Manitou. A friend has had a couple of RSTs and has nothing but good things to say about them. He's not to heavy, I weight 200lbs :rolleyes: .