Integrated bottom brackets

Bikeridindude

Mar 13, 2006
I was thinking about getting a Scott Addict and can get a good price on a frameset with an integrated bottom bracket. I'm not sure what cranksets would be compatible with it. I've heard that Shimano cranksets are the only ones that will work. Anybody know?

I wouldn't mind puting something on it like the FSA k force light crankset but not sure if it'll work. Thanks for any insight.

The K force light will work but requires a slighter narrower press fit BB than "normal". You can get it from FSA.

Bikeridindude said:
I was thinking about getting a Scott Addict and can get a good price on a frameset with an integrated bottom bracket. I'm not sure what cranksets would be compatible with it. I've heard that Shimano cranksets are the only ones that will work. Anybody know?

I wouldn't mind putting something on it like the FSA k force light crankset but not sure if it'll work. Thanks for any insight.

Like Gary Fisher, Merlin, Klein, any bicycle w/o a pretty standard threaded BB shell depends on somebody making an adapter. Either the crank maker of the frame maker must do something to give the cyclist the choice of any crank the cyclists wants. I personally think it's looney to have a frame be compatible with only 1 or 2 cranksets.

Peter@vecchios said:
Like Gary Fisher, Merlin, Klein, any bicycle w/o a pretty standard threaded BB shell depends on somebody making an adapter. Either the crank maker of the frame maker must do something to give the cyclist the choice of any crank the cyclists wants. I personally think it's looney to have a frame be compatible with only 1 or 2 cranksets.
Obviously, Pinarello AGREES with you on this point even though someone in their R&D had the notion that the M.O.st BB was a good idea ... at least, they made a BB shell adapter available on day-one.

Phill P said:
The K force light will work but requires a slighter narrower press fit BB than "normal". You can get it from FSA.
Thanks for the info. I snooped around FSA's website and didn't see any sign of it. I'm sure I could call them and get set up with it, but I tend to think that something so not-readily-available might be more of a pain than it is worth.

As far as functionality goes, is there any advantage with the integrated one?