integrated headset for Schwinn Fastback

Rich Conroy

Guest
I just purchased a Schwinn Fastback Pro frame only, probably 2001 model. I'm pretty sure this uses
an integrated headset system, and I'm unfamiliar with them. I do know there are different standards.

So what model of integrated headset will work with this frame, and do I need to purchase a fork made
for integrated headsets, or will any 1
1/8 threadless headset work?

thanks rc

[email protected] (Rich Conroy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I just purchased a Schwinn Fastback Pro frame only, probably 2001 model. I'm pretty sure this uses
> an integrated headset system, and I'm unfamiliar with them. I do know there are different
> standards.
>
> So what model of integrated headset will work with this frame, and do I need to purchase a fork
> made for integrated headsets, or will any 1
> 1/8 threadless headset work?>

I believe they use Cane Creek (integrated) headsets. Commonly available and inexpensive. You may
have 1 1/8 or even 1"; it is obvious to some of us just by looking. Go to a bike shop that can do
this for you unless you are experienced, then it can be a simple matter (of fitting a fork/headset).
Get any fork with 4.3 to 4.5 cm rake if you frame is a SM or MED. Be advised that the whole job will
cost more than the purchase price of the frame unless you buy the fork used. My opinion is your
frame is nothing special.