integrated headset for Schwinn Fastback

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rich Conroy

I just purchased a Schwinn Fastback Pro frame only, probably 2001 model. I'm pretty sure this uses
an integrated headset system, and I'm unfamiliar with them. I do know there are different standards.

So what model of integrated headset will work with this frame, and do I need to purchase a fork made
for integrated headsets, or will any 1
1/8 threadless headset work?

thanks rc

[email protected] (Rich Conroy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I just purchased a Schwinn Fastback Pro frame only, probably 2001 model. I'm pretty sure this uses
> an integrated headset system, and I'm unfamiliar with them. I do know there are different
> standards.
>
> So what model of integrated headset will work with this frame, and do I need to purchase a fork
> made for integrated headsets, or will any 1
> 1/8 threadless headset work?>

I believe they use Cane Creek (integrated) headsets. Commonly available and inexpensive. You may
have 1 1/8 or even 1"; it is obvious to some of us just by looking. Go to a bike shop that can do
this for you unless you are experienced, then it can be a simple matter (of fitting a fork/headset).
Get any fork with 4.3 to 4.5 cm rake if you frame is a SM or MED. Be advised that the whole job will
cost more than the purchase price of the frame unless you buy the fork used. My opinion is your
frame is nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.