Integrated headset variability?

Dave

Guest
will a Campy compatible 1&1/8" fit where a Cane Creek would?

thanks to all

daveathokiespokesdotcom

On 10 Nov 2006 10:15:47 -0800, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>will a Campy compatible 1&1/8" fit where a Cane Creek would?

Unless it was a Campy-compatible Cane Creek, no.

Integrated headsets have little commonality at this point. I pity the
future owners of the bikes currently being produced with them. At
some point, I expect that a good many of those will end up being
uneconomical to repair simply because of their unstandardized
componentry.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack wrote:
> On 10 Nov 2006 10:15:47 -0800, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >will a Campy compatible 1&1/8" fit where a Cane Creek would?

> Unless it was a Campy-compatible Cane Creek, no.
>
> Integrated headsets have little commonality at this point. I pity the
> future owners of the bikes currently being produced with them. At
> some point, I expect that a good many of those will end up being
> uneconomical to repair simply because of their unstandardized
> componentry.

Yes, amazingly irritating. And industrial supply places that have
access to cartridge bearings in every imaginable size (and presumably
will in th efuture too) have so far been not to keen on paging through
hundreds of pages of catalogs so I can buy "just 2" bearings. Hrumph!

Joseph