integrated headsets, circa 1901

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Scribe2b, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    all the old BSA-fitted track bikes i have owned had integrated headsets. i have jelly jars full of
    the bits. dozens of factory bikes uised them 100 years ago too. maybe i should patent some of the
    other features on those bikes, for the FUTURE of cycling jc

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > all the old BSA-fitted track bikes i have owned had integrated headsets.
    > have jelly jars full of the bits. dozens of factory bikes uised them 100
    years
    > ago too. maybe i should patent some of the other features on those bikes,
    for
    > the FUTURE of cycling

    The best of those ( both British and the nice Bianchi ones) had nice hardened cups with curved bases
    that floated in the cup-shaped headlugs. Simple, elegant design and no press required for exchange
    of worn parts! The seemed to last a good long while too, which I think may be related to the shape
    of the cups - they spanned the bottom of the balls so lubricant would not run out the bottom, sort
    of like a V.4 (but without the sensitivity to alignment).