Integrated/One Piece Aero Bars

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Jack, Apr 20, 2003.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hey Guys,

    I'm looking at getting myself an Integrated Aero Bar (looking at either Profile Carbon X or Syntace
    Stratos Base Bar with Clip On at the moment unless convinced otherwise), what do you guys think
    about these?

    I have Profile Airstryke 2000 at the moment mounted to normal road drop bars (flip ups annoy the
    hell out of me)? Any and all views welcomed. I've taken up the Ironman challenge for next year, so I
    thought I'd get myself set up sooner rather than later, hoping that these will eleviate some
    discomfort I have when riding on the hoods over an extended preiod of time (hand cramps, etc...)

    Are they difficult to install, with Bar End shifters and all (I'm fairly technically minded) or is
    it something best left to the guys at the store?

    Cheers

    Tags:

  2. Blind Freddy

    Blind Freddy Guest

    "Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Hey Guys,
    |
    | I'm looking at getting myself an Integrated Aero Bar (looking at either Profile Carbon X or
    | Syntace Stratos Base Bar with Clip On at the moment unless convinced otherwise), what do you guys
    | think about these?
    |
    | I have Profile Airstryke 2000 at the moment mounted to normal road drop
    bars
    | (flip ups annoy the hell out of me)? Any and all views welcomed. I've taken up the Ironman
    | challenge for next year, so I thought I'd get myself set up sooner rather than later, hoping that
    | these will eleviate some discomfort I have when riding on the hoods over an extended preiod of
    | time (hand cramps, etc...)
    |
    | Are they difficult to install, with Bar End shifters and all (I'm fairly technically minded) or is
    | it something best left to the guys at the store?
    |
    | Cheers

    Get yourself the new HED aerobars. They are the coolest by far.

    Marty

  3. Sam Bean

    Sam Bean Guest

    On 4/20/03 6:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Jack"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > I'm looking at getting myself an Integrated Aero Bar (looking at either Profile Carbon X or
    > Syntace Stratos Base Bar with Clip On at the moment unless convinced otherwise), what do you guys
    > think about these?
    >
    > I have Profile Airstryke 2000 at the moment mounted to normal road drop bars (flip ups annoy the
    > hell out of me)? Any and all views welcomed. I've taken up the Ironman challenge for next year, so
    > I thought I'd get myself set up sooner rather than later, hoping that these will eleviate some
    > discomfort I have when riding on the hoods over an extended preiod of time (hand cramps, etc...)
    >
    > Are they difficult to install, with Bar End shifters and all (I'm fairly technically minded) or is
    > it something best left to the guys at the store?
    >
    > Cheers

    I am using the new HED bars (just installed).....they are AWESOME! great integrated brake levers and
    just a damn good setup.....

    Stay away from Profile.......in my opinion the ONLY decent thing that they have EVER produced is a
    bottle cage.....

    Sam Www.sambean.com