Integrated Shifter Conversion

ovalbackmarker

Oct 1, 2006
I know I should just leave this alone, but thought I would consider this. One of my favorite bikes is my 1983 Colnago Super. It is full Campy Super Record. It has a Regina Oro 6 speed freewheel. I would like to convert it to integrated index brake/shifters using the original derailleurs. To further complicate this, I only want to use Campy levers. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this. I do not want to spread the rear triangle.

ovalbackmarker said:
I know I should just leave this alone, but thought I would consider this. One of my favorite bikes is my 1983 Colnago Super. It is full Campy Super Record. It has a Regina Oro 6 speed freewheel. I would like to convert it to integrated index brake/shifters using the original derailleurs. To further complicate this, I only want to use Campy levers. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this. I do not want to spread the rear triangle.

The original SR derailleurs will not index properly with current Ergo indexed shifters.

You are right that you should leave well enough alone. Enjoy the old classic ride.