Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Intense Tazer FS: DH -) XC

Started by Sir Ride-A-Lot · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,171 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
29 September 2003
Last activity
29 September 2003
Original author
Sir Ride-A-Lot
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,171
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Lucky me. I've had one of these puppies donated to my ride collection. The scoop is I only DH about
    2 weeks out of the year. Most of the time it's just flat technical singletrack. It's currently
    decked out for DH/Slalom (which is what this baby is built for).

    Question:

    I know it's sacreligous, but can I vamp this up to be more of an XC bike? I could change the damping
    on the rear and the front is an psylo, so that works. But, if I lighten the wheels and put a a front
    derailleur and 1 or two more rings, will I enjoy the ride?

    TIA.

  2. "Sir Ride-A-Lot" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Lucky me. I've had one of these puppies donated to my ride collection.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    scoop is I only DH about 2 weeks out of the year. Most of the time it's just flat technical
    singletrack. It's currently decked out for DH/Slalom (which is what this baby is built for).

    Question:

    I know it's sacreligous, but can I vamp this up to be more of an XC bike?


    I

    Quoted message said:

    could change the damping on the rear and the front is an psylo, so that works. But, if I lighten
    the wheels and put a a front derailleur and 1 or two more rings, will I enjoy the ride?

    TIA.

    You can ride 'xc' on anything but interesting characteristics you will find on the tazer are a slack
    head angle and low BB - it is after all designed specifically for DS.

    Steve.

  3. Sir Ride-A-Lot said:

    Lucky me. I've had one of these puppies donated to my ride collection.

    Speaking of donated bikes, I've just been given a Singlespeed DMR trailstar for 6 mths while the
    owner is in Canada. Went out on it for a few hours yesterday. Wow, what a nice little machine,
    really light and easy to chuck about, and it climbed better'n I thought it would too..

    --
    Phil - Should I change my name to asinglespeeder now? Or afreerider??

  4. Phil says:

    Quoted message said:

    Phil - Should I change my name to asinglespeeder now? Or afreerider??

    How about just "arider?"

    ;-)

    Steve

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.