Interactive video for the Tacx i-magic

Phil TurboVids

Dec 25, 2003
Sticky: Ride the Alps, Italy, France & Flanders plus many more places to come, Upgrade your version of Catalyst & try the video demo which will allow you to manipulate the video speed & feel the grades of the roads. Its about as close as you can get to training on these roads without leaving your home!

To visit the i-rides website click HERE

Originally posted by Phil TurboVids
Sticky: Ride the Alps, Italy, France & Flanders plus many more places to come, Upgrade your version of Catalyst & try the video demo which will allow you to manipulate the video speed & feel the grades of the roads. Its about as close as you can get to training on these roads without leaving your home!

www.i-rides.com
www.i-rides.com/forum

i-magic2.jpg

i-ride update:

We are pleased to announce that we have new rides available that are filmed with a broadcast quality camera with a hefty wide angle lens. The first of the new footage comes from the Rhineland region of Germany & features a 90km long loop in hilly to light undulating terrain filmed on a cold sunny February morning. The ride is split into 4 parts & uses GPS data for the grade profile so don’t blame us if it gets too hard!

Rides to look forward to in the coming weeks in high resolution will be; the tour of Flanders, Gent Wevelgem & the Ardennes Cycle race classic routes & later more of the big Cols in France & of course any scenic roads found on the way. These will be filmed with a special new piece of equipment that should enable the hills/mountains to look as steep as in real life & make the video experience even more immersive. Remember that many of the older videos have new profiles which can be found on the forum page below.

www.i-rides.com

www.i-rides.com/forum

I have used the i-magic for aabaout 8 months. The training is great, but I am always looking for new additions. This software has me excited. But, I am having a hard time understaanding exactly what it is, what it requires and such (by way of computer speed), so if somebody could email me at [email protected] any information they have, it is much appreciated

Originally posted by carerra_RC
I have used the i-magic for about 8 months. The training is great, but I am always looking for new additions. This software has me excited. But, I am having a hard time understanding exactly what it is, what it requires and such (by way of computer speed), so if somebody could email me at [email protected] any information they have, it is much appreciated

For the majority of the rides you need more then a 1.5ghz cpu & 256mb ram & they should play smooth if your PC is in good shape. Some of the latest rides have been created in two versions a high resolution version for recent PCs & a lower resolution version that should work fine on a 800-1ghz cpu.

There is a patch for Catalyst on my site which you should download & try first, If you go to the downloads page there is also a longer demo of the alps worth trying out.

The Real life video patch will enable you to ride along to the video & actually feel the grades change as you see them! The playback speed of the video is linked to your speed on the bike. You can now if your feeling brave ride the Co du Galibier in the French Alps on the Tacx & see every little bit of detail on the climb as well as feel every grade change.

The latest rides filmed in Germany use GPS data recorded at the time of filming to create a accurate profile of the route (within the limitations of the Tacx).

If you do not have a Tacx you can use the i-magic upgrade kit (about$200) with a normal bike & trainer as there are cables that will register speed from the rear wheel. With this set up you can ride the videos but you can not feel the grades changing.

Phil