Interesting article -- Should China Motorize?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Matt O'Toole, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    I just came across an interesting article on EV World. While I take issue with some of the obvious
    propaganda (or sucking up to the government, whichever), the rest of it is interesting:

    http://www.evworld.com/databases/storybuilder.cfm?storyid=483

    EV World is a great site if you're interested in alternative transportation and energy issues.

    Matt O.

    Tags:

  2. "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for sharing, it is a very interesting article. Which statements did you consider to be
    > "obvious propaganda"?
    >

    > "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    Well, the comments about a savings-fueled expansion are misleading in the more global economy of
    today, for one. You can have too little savings, if that is the primary source of funds. OTOH, you
    can have too little consumption in many cases, as Japan is finding out now. The Japanese economic
    miracle is on life support and won't be walking around any time soon. And that's the example China
    is to follow today?

    On the whole, though, I wouldn't call it propaganda as much as showing an obvious bias in the
    article. The writer has no problem choosing to go with the skeptics or the majority, as long as they
    say what is wanted. The bias is so obvious that I can't fault it. At least it isn't some national
    reporter that pretends to have no bias at all.

    --
    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

  3. Thanks for sharing, it is a very interesting article. Which statements did you consider to be
    "obvious propaganda"?