Interesting eBay auction

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:44:23 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know?
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Colin Blackburn wrote:
>
>> Yes but without knowing and agreeing with the contents of your
>> killfile it would be difficult to avoid defeating the purpose of your
>> killfile. And, if many of us knew, and agreed with, each others
>> killfiles I think the term clique would arise.

> ITYM cabal

No, I do mean clique. BTDTBTTS.

> (There Is No Cabal) ;-)

I know. There is no clique either.

Colin

Dr Curious wrote:

> Yet another searing insight, in your bid to wrest leadership
> of the NewsGroup away from Guy, I see there Annan.

Another Curiously clue-free assertion. Leader? I'm just zis guy, you know?

--
Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Do you mean we have to make teh effort of willpower to ignore him? If
> we had willpower we wouldn't be here in the first place, we'd be
> working.

I'll tell you something though Nankerville, originality doesn't
exactly appear to be your strong suit somehow, does it?

First up you simply repeated parrott fashion everything MacClancey
said about me. That I'm a "****wit" and that I'm "paranoid", and
ended up apologising twice over to me for it. And now it turns out
you're starting to pretend you can't spell "the" either. Just like
Smith.

You're seemingly riven with some deep insecurity. Possibly if you and
Colin Blackburn got together, you might be able to help each other
out with your problems. You with this seeming dread of the unfamilar,
him with his morbid fear of bus drivers.

Hope this helps

Curious

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:47:56 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Dr Curious wrote:
>
>> Yet another searing insight, in your bid to wrest leadership
>> of the NewsGroup away from Guy, I see there Annan.

>Another Curiously clue-free assertion. Leader? I'm just zis guy, you know?
>
>--

wot? you mean I built that life-sized effigy of you for nothing?
/cancels order for gold leaf ...

--

email = audmacd aaatttt hhhottt mmmaailll dddoottt ccccoommm

Dr Curious wrote:

> I'll tell you something though Nankerville, originality doesn't
> exactly appear to be your strong suit somehow, does it?

Said the man who apparently thinks deliberately spelling others' names
wrongly is original...

> First up you simply repeated parrott fashion everything MacClancey
> said about me. That I'm a "****wit" and that I'm "paranoid"

But did he say anything contentious?

--

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

> If we had willpower we wouldn't be here in the
> first place, we'd be working.

What /is/ this thing you Earth people call "work"?

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> Dr Curious wrote:
>
> > Yet another searing insight, in your bid to wrest leadership
> > of the NewsGroup away from Guy, I see there Annan.

> Another Curiously clue-free assertion. Leader? I'm just
> zis guy, you know?

Nope. All the minions who are otherwise unsure of themselves
address their posts through you. And you reward them with a
reply. It's quite noticeable.

Whereas as always, the more independantly minded posters are
a law unto themselves and may stay aloof, or form shifting
allegiances.

But the support of the minions is vital in the end.

Curious

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:09:43 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know?
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Dr Curious wrote:
>
>> I'll tell you something though Nankerville, originality doesn't
>> exactly appear to be your strong suit somehow, does it?

> Said the man

[...]

I think you're giving him the benefit of the doubt there.

Colin

"Dr Curious" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Do you mean we have to make teh effort of willpower to ignore him? If
> > we had willpower we wouldn't be here in the first place, we'd be
> > working.
> >

> I'll tell you something though Nankerville, originality doesn't
> exactly appear to be your strong suit somehow, does it?

Up to a point. I guess you could say I exhibit some signs of autistic
spectrum disorder if you wanted to. Fortunately it's only a tiny
aspect of my personality.

> First up you simply repeated parrott fashion everything MacClancey
> said about me. That I'm a "****wit" and that I'm "paranoid", and
> ended up apologising twice over to me for it.

It wasn't him who first called you a ****wit. I apologised to you
because I was erring on the side of caution in not wanting to call
someone a ****wit when they aren't. I prefer to describe the behaviour
than the person but sometimes my emotions beat my rational politeness.

> And now it turns out you're starting to pretend you can't spell
> "the" either. Just like Smith.

Small pleasantry. I enjoy the fact that the word 'teh' has subtly
different semantics to 'the' despite being a closed class word.

> You're seemingly riven with some deep insecurity. Possibly if you
> and Colin Blackburn got together, you might be able to help each
> other out with your problems.

I tried to help him out with his problems. Turns out my spare bike
bits didn't fit his bike. :(

> You with this seeming dread of the unfamilar, him with his morbid
> fear of bus drivers.

If anyone thinks I'm the best person to help them with a morbid fear
of bus drivers, then please mail me. My email address is fairly easy
to decipher.

> Hope this helps

I'm glad you're doing this to help me. I'd dread to think you were
trying to upset me by telling me these home truths about myself which
could be considered so hurtful.

Ambrose

> Dr Curious wrote:
>
> > I'll tell you something though Nankerville, originality doesn't
> > exactly appear to be your strong suit somehow, does it?

> Said the man who apparently thinks deliberately spelling others' names
> wrongly is original...

Its my little "joke of the week", actually Guy.

And a sight more original that trailing the same sig around
behind me for more than five years, I'd imagine.

But then for someone without the courage to ever actually say what
they mean, it would be something of a necessity I'd have thought.
Even on a cycling group.

> > First up you simply repeated parrott fashion everything MacClancey
> > said about me. That I'm a "****wit" and that I'm "paranoid"

> But did he say anything contentious?

But Ambrose did apologise.

So are you claiming Ambrose was wrong to aplogise then ?

Curious

> --
> Guy
> --
> May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

> I apologised for the offence, not necessarily for the
> sentiment. Diplomacy makes the world go round.

"Diplomacy is the act of saying 'nice doggy' until you can fid a big
enough rock." - Someone (I don't remember)

Jon

"Dr Curious" <[email protected]> writes:
> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Dr Curious wrote:
> > > First up you simply repeated parrott fashion everything MacClancey
> > > said about me. That I'm a "****wit" and that I'm "paranoid"

> > But did he say anything contentious?

> But Ambrose did apologise.

I apologised for the offence, not necessarily for the
sentiment. Diplomacy makes the world go round.

> So are you claiming Ambrose was wrong to aplogise then ?

I don't see why his opinion of what I did is a big deal in this case.

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I'm glad you're doing this to help me. I'd dread to think you were
> trying to upset me by telling me these home truths about myself
> which could be considered so hurtful.

For home truths substitute - how other people view an individual.

Even if what you suggest were true, how exactly can telling people
how other people view them, be considered hurtful? Don't you believe
that people should know how other people see them - or at least
possiby get a more objective view of themselves, if that might help
them communicate with others better, and interact with the world ? Make
them better understood perhaps. If they live as recluses the question
wouldn't arise, and as Marcus Aurelius points out most of us would be
rather surprised anyway at the true opinions others have of us, the
trivialities they focus on.

But in general no. If people are going to live in society then they
would be better placed if they had an accurates as is possible view of
how others see them. And if they then want to change, then that's
up to them.

Troll over thank you Ambrose

Curious

"Jon Senior" <jon@restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk.remove> wrote in message
> > I apologised for the offence, not necessarily for the
> > sentiment. Diplomacy makes the world go round.

> "Diplomacy is the act of saying 'nice doggy' until you can fid a big
> enough rock." - Someone (I don't remember)
>
> Jon

Nice one.

Will Rogers

Will Rogers is also the subject of some authentic funny book
titles based on the double meaning of the word "roger"

i.e "Will Rogers the Biggest Star in Hollywood"

Curious

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dr Curious" <[email protected]> writes:
> > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > But did he say anything contentious?

> > But Ambrose did apologise.

> I apologised for the offence, not necessarily for the
> sentiment. Diplomacy makes the world go round.
>
> > So are you claiming Ambrose was wrong to aplogise then ?

> I don't see why his opinion of what I did is a big deal in this case.

Rushing to the support of your leader I see Ambrose.

Mr minion in chief.

Curious

audrey <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> wot? you mean I built that life-sized effigy of you for nothing?
> /cancels order for gold leaf ...

Don't cancel the order, I'll have it. It'll do perfectly for my larger than
life effigy. I needed something to provide just the right level of shine to
the top of the head ;-) And don't get me started on all those walruses that
I needed to slaughter to replicate that 'tache. :)

Graeme

Dave Larrington wrote:
> Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
>

>>If we had willpower we wouldn't be here in the
>>first place, we'd be working.

> What /is/ this thing you Earth people call "work"?

Mostly its mining nuts other than for immediate personal consumption.

Peter

> Rushing to the support of your leader I see Ambrose.
>
> Mr minion in chief.

This is all getting very silly. Anyone with half a brain knows that The
Leader would never deign to post.

Nor is The Leader likely to tolerate a rival caba.. er clique forming, so
you can't weasel out by claiming that Guy is Ambrose's leader.

I suggest we all drop this before people start disappearing again.

"Dr Curious" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Dr Curious" <[email protected]> writes:
> > > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > But Ambrose did apologise.

> > I apologised for the offence, not necessarily for the
> > sentiment. Diplomacy makes the world go round.
> >
> > > So are you claiming Ambrose was wrong to aplogise then ?

> > I don't see why his opinion of what I did is a big deal in this case.

> Rushing to the support of your leader I see Ambrose.

Indeed, I'll support Guy if ever he needs my support and I can give it.

> Mr minion in chief.

But I didn't say that.