interesting editorials re. WADA

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Feb 22, 2006.

  1. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

  2. mtb Dad

    mtb Dad Guest

    Just scanned the articles, but they sounded a little hysterical to me,
    and ignoring the problem WADA has to deal with.

    EG. Slate The alcohol amounts are set by different jurisdictions, not
    covered by WADA. Why is that idiotic? As for why the difference,
    maybe with 2/10's you don't get an advantage (eg calming of nerves) in
    billiards, while 3/10's in boating corresponds to impairment.
    Different problems, different amounts. Weak thinking and writing.

    As for Rushall and colleague, it sounds like grandstanding on details
    to me. Steroids don't work? Maye for some untrained people, but how
    is that relevant to our problem? The label for steroids in the WADA
    list is a big issue?

  3. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

    mtb Dad wrote:
    > Just scanned the articles, but they sounded a little hysterical to me,
    > and ignoring the problem WADA has to deal with.
    >
    > EG. Slate The alcohol amounts are set by different jurisdictions, not
    > covered by WADA. Why is that idiotic? As for why the difference,
    > maybe with 2/10's you don't get an advantage (eg calming of nerves) in
    > billiards, while 3/10's in boating corresponds to impairment.
    > Different problems, different amounts. Weak thinking and writing.

    Interesting. I hadn't thought about it that way. I don't normally
    think of alcohol as a performance enhancing product. Although I have
    been known to _think_ my performance has been better while under the
    influence. ;)

  4. Looks like somebody has a barrow to push.

  5. mtb Dad

    mtb Dad Guest

    Not sure what you mean.

  6. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    >>Looks like somebody has a barrow to push.

    "mtb Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Not sure what you mean.

    Probably "someone with a mission" (to keep WADA honest maybe).

    Phil H

  7. mtb Dad

    mtb Dad Guest

    Phil Holman wrote:
    > >>Looks like somebody has a barrow to push.

    > "mtb Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Not sure what you mean.
    > >

    > Probably "someone with a mission" (to keep WADA honest maybe).
    >
    > Phil H

    If so, I suggest bad criticism is worse than none. I generally like
    what WADA is doing, but believe all institutions need checks and
    balances. Such as some real probing into the false positives like
    Betke?