Interesting Graph

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Cubit, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    http://techmart.com/~cubit/Chart60.gif

    This is a four month Fitday chart, which is totally unexpected. The last
    four months is a downward curve. I was expecting a ski slope shape to the
    graph.

    I made two changes during this period. The first change was made a week
    before Christmas. I changed from 150 to 200 calorie meals every 2 or 3
    hours to a pattern of 60 to 100 calorie meals every hour. I did this about
    every other day. You can see Christmas week on the chart as a line without
    the data dots just to the left of the middle. I was out of town for
    Christmas week, so there was no data entered.

    The second change I made was about a month ago. I began using NoSalt to add
    potassium as a supplement.

    My monthly averages of calories per day did not change much through this
    period:

    November: 1541
    December: 1550
    January: 1489
    February: 1394

    My calories reduced, but would only account for a smaller change in the
    chart.

    Cubit
    311/187.1/165

    Tags:

  2. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    "Cubit" <[email protected]> writes:
    > My calories reduced, but would only account for a smaller change in the
    > chart.

    My rough math says that the calorie change was about right to account
    for the slightly steeper slope on the right - 150 cals/day is about
    1.3 lbs/month, you went from 10 lbs the first two months to about 13
    lbs the second two months - about 1.5 lbs/month more.

    Oddly enough, the fact that the math *works* surprises me :-O

  3. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Cubit <[email protected]> wrote:
    > http://techmart.com/~cubit/Chart60.gif
    >
    > This is a four month Fitday chart, which is totally unexpected. The
    > last four months is a downward curve. I was expecting a ski slope
    > shape to the graph.

    What would a ski slope shape be like? I would have thought that a good
    slope would be mostly downward, like your chart, until you get to the end.
    Of course, I don't ski, so I really have no idea.

    > I made two changes during this period. The first change was made a
    > week before Christmas. I changed from 150 to 200 calorie meals every
    > 2 or 3 hours to a pattern of 60 to 100 calorie meals every hour. I
    > did this about every other day. You can see Christmas week on the
    > chart as a line without the data dots just to the left of the middle.
    > I was out of town for Christmas week, so there was no data entered.
    >
    > The second change I made was about a month ago. I began using NoSalt
    > to add potassium as a supplement.

    I find it hard to believe that this could have made a different. Did
    anything in your exercise change? What obout your macro-nutrient ratios?

    > My monthly averages of calories per day did not change much through
    > this period:
    >
    > November: 1541
    > December: 1550
    > January: 1489
    > February: 1394
    >
    > My calories reduced, but would only account for a smaller change in
    > the chart.
    >
    > Cubit
    > 311/187.1/165

  4. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > What would a ski slope shape be like? I would have thought that a good
    > slope would be mostly downward, like your chart, until you get to the end.
    > Of course, I don't ski, so I really have no idea.

    A ski slope starts steep and ends at the bottom with a flat area. The chart
    shows an accelerating rate instead.

    > Did
    > anything in your exercise change? What obout your macro-nutrient ratios?

    My exercise reduced from twice a week to once, and then I injured a finger
    and stopped for a while. I just cancelled my YMCA membership.

    Macro-nutrient ratios are still the same: 66% fat, 8% carbs, and 72 grams
    of protein (21%)

  5. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Cubit <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >> What would a ski slope shape be like? I would have thought that a
    >> good slope would be mostly downward, like your chart, until you get
    >> to the end. Of course, I don't ski, so I really have no idea.

    > A ski slope starts steep and ends at the bottom with a flat area.
    > The chart shows an accelerating rate instead.

    I think the overall slope will be more determined by one's motivations to
    lose weight, much more than anything else. Weight loss by no means has to
    flatten out.

    >> Did
    >> anything in your exercise change? What obout your macro-nutrient
    >> ratios?

    > My exercise reduced from twice a week to once, and then I injured a
    > finger and stopped for a while. I just cancelled my YMCA membership.

    May I ask why?