Interesting Graph

Cubit

Guest
http://techmart.com/~cubit/Chart60.gif

This is a four month Fitday chart, which is totally unexpected. The last
four months is a downward curve. I was expecting a ski slope shape to the
graph.

I made two changes during this period. The first change was made a week
before Christmas. I changed from 150 to 200 calorie meals every 2 or 3
hours to a pattern of 60 to 100 calorie meals every hour. I did this about
every other day. You can see Christmas week on the chart as a line without
the data dots just to the left of the middle. I was out of town for
Christmas week, so there was no data entered.

The second change I made was about a month ago. I began using NoSalt to add
potassium as a supplement.

My monthly averages of calories per day did not change much through this
period:

November: 1541
December: 1550
January: 1489
February: 1394

My calories reduced, but would only account for a smaller change in the
chart.

Cubit
311/187.1/165

"Cubit" <[email protected]> writes:
> My calories reduced, but would only account for a smaller change in the
> chart.

My rough math says that the calorie change was about right to account
for the slightly steeper slope on the right - 150 cals/day is about
1.3 lbs/month, you went from 10 lbs the first two months to about 13
lbs the second two months - about 1.5 lbs/month more.

Oddly enough, the fact that the math *works* surprises me :-O

Cubit <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://techmart.com/~cubit/Chart60.gif
>
> This is a four month Fitday chart, which is totally unexpected. The
> last four months is a downward curve. I was expecting a ski slope
> shape to the graph.

What would a ski slope shape be like? I would have thought that a good
slope would be mostly downward, like your chart, until you get to the end.
Of course, I don't ski, so I really have no idea.

> I made two changes during this period. The first change was made a
> week before Christmas. I changed from 150 to 200 calorie meals every
> 2 or 3 hours to a pattern of 60 to 100 calorie meals every hour. I
> did this about every other day. You can see Christmas week on the
> chart as a line without the data dots just to the left of the middle.
> I was out of town for Christmas week, so there was no data entered.
>
> The second change I made was about a month ago. I began using NoSalt
> to add potassium as a supplement.

I find it hard to believe that this could have made a different. Did
anything in your exercise change? What obout your macro-nutrient ratios?

> My monthly averages of calories per day did not change much through
> this period:
>
> November: 1541
> December: 1550
> January: 1489
> February: 1394
>
> My calories reduced, but would only account for a smaller change in
> the chart.
>
> Cubit
> 311/187.1/165

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> What would a ski slope shape be like? I would have thought that a good
> slope would be mostly downward, like your chart, until you get to the end.
> Of course, I don't ski, so I really have no idea.

A ski slope starts steep and ends at the bottom with a flat area. The chart
shows an accelerating rate instead.

> Did
> anything in your exercise change? What obout your macro-nutrient ratios?

My exercise reduced from twice a week to once, and then I injured a finger
and stopped for a while. I just cancelled my YMCA membership.

Macro-nutrient ratios are still the same: 66% fat, 8% carbs, and 72 grams
of protein (21%)

Cubit <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> What would a ski slope shape be like? I would have thought that a
>> good slope would be mostly downward, like your chart, until you get
>> to the end. Of course, I don't ski, so I really have no idea.

> A ski slope starts steep and ends at the bottom with a flat area.
> The chart shows an accelerating rate instead.

I think the overall slope will be more determined by one's motivations to
lose weight, much more than anything else. Weight loss by no means has to
flatten out.

>> Did
>> anything in your exercise change? What obout your macro-nutrient
>> ratios?

> My exercise reduced from twice a week to once, and then I injured a
> finger and stopped for a while. I just cancelled my YMCA membership.

May I ask why?