Interesting info re Kessler's Positive Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klodifan

Aug 26, 2006
so, we all know that kessler has professed his innocence and that he may have produced that positive result b/c of "chinese nutritional supplements"

well, over on cyclingnews there are some notes stating that this could actually be possible and kessler may be telling the truth. "there is a conclusive link between trace contamination of over-the-counter oral nutritional supplements and positive urine test results for a nandrolone metabolite. Frequently these products are contaminated with an oral androstenedione. Trace contamination of androstenedione with 19-norandrostenedione is sufficient to cause urine test results positive for 19-norandrosterone, the standard marker for nandrolone use. Strangely these products do seem frequently to come from China, oral steroid doses as small as 10 µg are absorbed and excreted in urine... studies that indicated that some brands of oral, over the counter nutrition supplements are grossly mislabelled making it very plausible that a rider could unknowingly create a positive test for testosterone... Published on the Journal of the American Medical Association website on the 9 Feb 2000, the following clinical investigation, entitled "Oral Androstenedione Administration and Serum Testosterone Concentrations in Young Men" (JAMA. 2000;283:779-782), found that oral androstenedione, when given in dosages of 300 mg/d, increases serum testosterone and estradiol concentrations in some healthy men"

If kessler pursues this line of defense what are his odds of getting off? what are your personal feelings considering this new information?

I want to believe kessler, but his values were sooo high. the jury is still out for me...

thoughts?

Klodifan said:
so, we all know that kessler has professed his innocence and that he may have produced that positive result b/c of "chinese nutritional supplements"

well, over on cyclingnews there are some notes stating that this could actually be possible and kessler may be telling the truth. "there is a conclusive link between trace contamination of over-the-counter oral nutritional supplements and positive urine test results for a nandrolone metabolite. Frequently these products are contaminated with an oral androstenedione. Trace contamination of androstenedione with 19-norandrostenedione is sufficient to cause urine test results positive for 19-norandrosterone, the standard marker for nandrolone use. Strangely these products do seem frequently to come from China, oral steroid doses as small as 10 µg are absorbed and excreted in urine... studies that indicated that some brands of oral, over the counter nutrition supplements are grossly mislabelled making it very plausible that a rider could unknowingly create a positive test for testosterone... Published on the Journal of the American Medical Association website on the 9 Feb 2000, the following clinical investigation, entitled "Oral Androstenedione Administration and Serum Testosterone Concentrations in Young Men" (JAMA. 2000;283:779-782), found that oral androstenedione, when given in dosages of 300 mg/d, increases serum testosterone and estradiol concentrations in some healthy men"

If kessler pursues this line of defense what are his odds of getting off? what are your personal feelings considering this new information?

I want to believe kessler, but his values were sooo high. the jury is still out for me...

thoughts?
did his chinese twin make him take them?

Who cares?

Astana is a joke.

T-Mobile is a disgrace too. Bob Stapleton has ZER credibilty now.

After this Monday they will all be unemployed.

Discovery is the most pathetic.

Klodifan said:

thoughts?
Well maybe that's why he took said supplements?

nns1400 said:
Well maybe that's why he took said supplements?
The image of Ullrich, Vino, Kessler, Kloeden coming across the lime in a team time trial in the tour a few yrs ago looks most sickly. Kloeden has to be the luckiest pro alive. He has ridden for all these dirty teams and never being implicated.

NJK said:
The image of Ullrich, Vino, Kessler, Kloeden coming across the lime in a team time trial in the tour a few yrs ago looks most sickly. Kloeden has to be the luckiest pro alive. He has ridden for all these dirty teams and never being implicated.

No, that would be Armstrong.

Standard procedure to blame the supplements. Linford Christie pioneered this defence when he beat the rap in Seoul by claiming that his ephedrine trace came from Ginseng. Not true then, not true now. Athletes know the rules about strict liability regarding what they stuff down their necks. Pretend idiocy is not a credible way out of this one-even though most of them show pretty convincing traits.

Klodifan said:

thoughts?

Kessler can offer every explanation in the book - the bottom line is that all athletes are responsible for what they ingest in to their system.
The onus of responsibility lies with the rider to ensure that he/she doesn't ingest something which is against the rules.

All pro riders have the best medical advice available : if they're not sure about a product they can check the product with their doctor prior to ingestation.
But the onus lies with the rider to ensure that he/she only ingests what is legal.

Maurice Suh is handing out business cards in Paris. Vino already has one - perhaps he can lend it to Kessler?

I think he is handing out his card to all fifty first riders and to Rabo and Moreni. He will be rapidly too busy. Good customers with money = good buissness for him. Maybe it's Suh himself who tainted Landis' samples :D.

poulidor said:
I think he is handing out his card to all fifty first riders and to Rabo and Moreni. He will be rapidly too busy. Good customers with money = good buissness for him. Maybe it's Suh himself who tainted Landis' samples :D.
now thats funny! :D

Drug cheating, cover stories, event fixes, Nike sneaker sales, yellow bracelets, dishonest lawyers and branded themes matter. The actual trauma medicines and injections, WADA, USADA do not.

Doctor.House said:
Who cares?

Astana is a joke.

T-Mobile is a disgrace too. Bob Stapleton has ZER credibilty now.

After this Monday they will all be unemployed.

Discovery is the most pathetic.

No 'event fixing' in the TT Dr.H

otherwise the shady characters may not have done so well.

There blows that conspiracy, until tomorrows brand new one :p

Just about none.

Lots of athletes have tried "the tainted suplement excuse".

I know several ametures who have gotten nailed for it. They served there 2 years, actually I know a triathlete who severed 4..

Doctor.House said:
Drug cheating, cover stories, event fixes, Nike sneaker sales, yellow bracelets, dishonest lawyers and branded themes matter. The actual trauma medicines and injections, WADA, USADA do not.
All you do is repeat yourself time and time again....

Go to a real doping forum.

It is an eye opener to say the least.

They discuss not only the methods, but the excuses. Tyler Hamiltons defense is evaluated etc.

They have responses to hiding the evidence from your wife/girlfriend, like if she finds your stash, tell her that you are anemic and so forth.

It is so complex, this manipulation of the body to an insane degree. These guys are passing tests all the time.

Name the sport......................

A good site is www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

At least 2 posters on the bike forums are also regular posters on the juicing site, and have been on the junk for years. If you read the forums you will see who they are.

I cannot judge however, as my life does not revolve around fleeting youth and athletic glory.........luckily.

Agreed. It's off the chart bad.

Tour de Farce GC doping is Dr. Frankenstein stuff.
RSR-13, cow blood, Interleukins, NBOCs, steroids, insulin, etc...

Erzulis Boat said:
Go to a real doping forum.

It is an eye opener to say the least.

They discuss not only the methods, but the excuses. Tyler Hamiltons defense is evaluated etc.

They have responses to hiding the evidence from your wife/girlfriend, like if she finds your stash, tell her that you are anemic and so forth.

It is so complex, this manipulation of the body to an insane degree. These guys are passing tests all the time.

Name the sport......................

A good site is www.cuttingedgemuscle.com

At least 2 posters on the bike forums are also regular posters on the juicing site, and have been on the junk for years. If you read the forums you will see who they are.

I cannot judge however, as my life does not revolve around fleeting youth and athletic glory.........luckily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor.House

Tim Lamkin said:
All you do is repeat yourself time and time again....
Yep. And it's all a bunch of Horse ****. You must be one extemely jealous, bitter, person.

Mercurycu

Status
Not open for further replies.