Interesting news story

Ken Marcet

Guest
THE CLAIM: Bicycle seats can cause impotence for male riders

I found this one on google news. While it might be true, Seems to me that
the benefits of riding are better than the benefits of being a couch
potatoe! See the whole article here:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html

Ken

--
It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
Arthur C. Clarke

"Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> THE CLAIM: Bicycle seats can cause impotence for male riders
>
> I found this one on google news. While it might be true, Seems to me that
> the benefits of riding are better than the benefits of being a couch
> potatoe! See the whole article here:
> http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
>
> Ken
>

> --
> It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
> Arthur C. Clarke
> English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - )

Oh good grief. Not this incredibly old story again. Since this was first
published there've only been about 9,000 new saddle designs with gel inserts
and cutouts and valleys and who knows what else. Plus I believe the study
was discredited to a large extent. Proper bike fit will solve most
problems. The new saddle designs work, too.

This is VERY old news.
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

psycholist wrote:
|| "Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|| news:[email protected]...
||| THE CLAIM: Bicycle seats can cause impotence for male riders
||| I found this one on google news. While it might be true, Seems to
||| me that
||| the benefits of riding are better than the benefits of being a couch
||| potatoe! See the whole article here:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
||| Ken
||| --
||| It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
||| Arthur C. Clarke
||| English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - )
|| Oh good grief. Not this incredibly old story again. Since this was
|| first
|| published there've only been about 9,000 new saddle designs with gel
|| inserts
|| and cutouts and valleys and who knows what else. Plus I believe the
|| study
|| was discredited to a large extent. Proper bike fit will solve most
|| problems. The new saddle designs work, too.

I think the article basically says what you wrote here, Bob.

"Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> psycholist wrote:
> || "Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> || news:[email protected]...
> http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
> || Oh good grief. Not this incredibly old story again. Since this was
> || first
> || published there've only been about 9,000 new saddle designs with gel
> || inserts
> || and cutouts and valleys and who knows what else. Plus I believe the
> || study
> || was discredited to a large extent. Proper bike fit will solve most
> || problems. The new saddle designs work, too.
>
> I think the article basically says what you wrote here, Bob.

Are you suggesting that I should actually look at the link before posting a
reply? What fun is that?

--
Bob (numbnuts) C.

psycholist wrote:
|| "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
|| news:[email protected]...
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
||| I think the article basically says what you wrote here, Bob.
|| Are you suggesting that I should actually look at the link before
|| posting a
|| reply? What fun is that?

Well, in this particular case, yes. I went to read it because of your
comment and found that it wasn't as ass-backwards as I was expecting it to
be :)

Roger Zoul wrote:
> psycholist wrote:
> || "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> || news:[email protected]...
> http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
> || Are you suggesting that I should actually look at the link before
> || posting a
> || reply? What fun is that?
>
> Well, in this particular case, yes. I went to read it because of your
> comment and found that it wasn't as ass-backwards as I was expecting it to
> be :)

So now you can write a "news" article that says, basically, "Disregard
this article?"

Pat

Pat Lamb wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
||| Well, in this particular case, yes. I went to read it because of
||| your
||| comment and found that it wasn't as ass-backwards as I was
||| expecting it to
||| be :)
|| So now you can write a "news" article that says, basically,
|| "Disregard
|| this article?"

What?

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:50:25 -0500, "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Pat Lamb wrote:
>http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
>|| So now you can write a "news" article that says, basically,
>|| "Disregard
>|| this article?"
>
>What?

"Nevermind."

Ron

RonSonic wrote:
|| On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:50:25 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
|| <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1214bottomline1214.html
||| What?
|| "Nevermind."

Oh....disregard an old, out-dated urban myth.

Roger Zoul wrote:
> psycholist wrote:

>>> Are you suggesting that I should actually look at the link before
>>> posting a
>>> reply? What fun is that?

> Well, in this particular case, yes. I went to read it because of your
> comment and found that it wasn't as ass-backwards as I was expecting
> it to be :)

Well duh! If you ride ass-backwards then there MIGHT be some reproductive
consequences.

Among others.

Bill "slow morning" S.

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:
|| Roger Zoul wrote:
||| Well, in this particular case, yes. I went to read it because of
||| your comment and found that it wasn't as ass-backwards as I was
||| expecting
||| it to be :)
|| Well duh! If you ride ass-backwards then there MIGHT be some
|| reproductive consequences.
|| Among others.

You always have the "alternate" POV, don't ya?

Roger Zoul wrote:
> B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:

>>> Well duh! If you ride ass-backwards then there MIGHT be some
>>> reproductive consequences.
>>>
>>> Among others.

> You always have the "alternate" POV, don't ya?

More like a "literalist" one :)

>I found this one on google news.

It's an old hoary chesnut that keeps popping out to see the light of day now
and again. It's a load of err... b*ll**ks ... as has been largely discredited.
Certainly being a cyclist hasn't err... hindered.. my other half in any way ;-)

Sort of makes you wonder how all those poor Victorian blokes who rode around on
bicycles before the days of the car managed to have huge families ;-)

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

>Subject: Re: Interesting news story
>From: "psycholist" [email protected]
>Date: 12/14/2004 8:42 AM US Eastern Standard Time
>

>"Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> THE CLAIM: Bicycle seats can cause impotence for male riders
>>
>> I found this one on google news. While it might be true, Seems to me that
>> the benefits of riding are better than the benefits of being a couch
>> potatoe!

Danny Quayle...is that you??

"Fx199" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: Interesting news story
> >From: "psycholist" [email protected]
> >Date: 12/14/2004 8:42 AM US Eastern Standard Time
> >

> >"Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> THE CLAIM: Bicycle seats can cause impotence for male riders
> >>
> >> I found this one on google news. While it might be true, Seems to me

that
> >> the benefits of riding are better than the benefits of being a couch
> >> potatoe!

> Danny Quayle...is that you??

Okay I admit it I have problems spelling too! Forgot to run spell check on
it!