Interesting NY Times Article...

Drivers are definitely the worst offenders of road rules, closely follower by pedestrians. Cyclists are the most observant of road rules, because we're the ones who are the most exposed to the dangers of the road. Drivers feel safe and secure inside their cars, and some of them don't even give a damn if they bump off a cyclist.

Drivers are definitely the worst offenders of road rules, closely follower by pedestrians. Cyclists are the most observant of road rules, because we're the ones who are the most exposed to the dangers of the road. Drivers feel safe and secure inside their cars, and some of them don't even give a damn if they bump off a cyclist.

Agreed. Car drivers and pedesrians break more road rules than any other people driving another mean of transportation. Firstly because is unlikely we could commit a limit speed infringement in urban roads, and even less through highways, where speed limit thresholds are higher.

Second, Bicycle drivers stick to their lanes, they are safer and faster than hitting the road alongside the car drivers.

Third, we can't even do something else but to keep our hands on the bike handle grips, because when a rider usually reduce the speed when you put at least a hand off the handle.

I am not defending drivers because I am a car driver myself. Just take note that riding has more weight to me than driving a car. However, in my informal survey of motorcycle and bike rider's opinion on the hazards on the road, you may be surprised with the numbers. Almost all motorcycle drivers said the worst are bike riders. On the other hand, most bike riders said that motorcycle riders are the worst in the street.

That's my personal survey from the last 2 years when I started driving a car.