Interesting Observation about Mike V. and Terri A.



Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Agent Of Freedo

Guest
Notice how both of our favorite radically fundamental environmentalists disappeared from this group
during a recent outbreak of domestic terrorism attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in CA,
then show back up here after things have calmed down?

One has to wonder if they can account for their whereabouts on the dates and times when these
domestic terroristic acts were perpetrated...
 
R

R.White

Guest
[email protected] (Agent of Freedom) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Notice how both of our favorite radically fundamental environmentalists disappeared from this
> group during a recent outbreak of domestic terrorism attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in
> CA, then show back up here after things have calmed down?

Yes, I have been saying that for a long time. Never any denial on their part.

> One has to wonder if they can account for their whereabouts on the dates and times when these
> domestic terroristic acts were perpetrated...
 
M

Michael Paul

Guest
"Agent of Freedom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Notice how both of our favorite radically fundamental environmentalists disappeared from this
> group during a recent outbreak of domestic terrorism attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in
> CA, then show back up here
after
> things have calmed down?
>
> One has to wonder if they can account for their whereabouts on the dates
and
> times when these domestic terroristic acts were perpetrated...

The funny thing is that by producing the acts of eco-terrorism to "protect" the environment, they
are merely causing more damage than if htey simply stayed at home. The condominium complex that was
burned in San Diego is still going to be built so all that really happened is that the eco-nuts
simply damaged good lumber. So now, more trees and other natural resources will have to be wasted
simply to rebuild what was destroyed.

Add to that, the fact that all of htese eco-nuts actually are protesting new homes being built yet
they left their own home under the cover of night to go torch other homes. Sort of like a big old
billboard advertising Hypocrisy!

Michael
 
P

Pete

Guest
"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Agent of Freedom) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Notice how both of our favorite radically fundamental environmentalists disappeared from this
> > group during a recent outbreak of domestic
terrorism
> > attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in CA, then show back up here
after
> > things have calmed down?
>
> Yes, I have been saying that for a long time. Never any denial on their part.
>

Quite often, there is tacit, if not fully active, support.

Never a true denial.

Pete
 
A

Agent Of Freedo

Guest
>From: "Michael Paul" [email protected]

>The funny thing is that by producing the acts of eco-terrorism to "protect" the environment, they
>are merely causing more damage than if htey simply stayed at home.

Exactly... just like the ELF'ers who spray painted graffiti on SUV's. They dislike the SUV's, but
think nothing of using spray paint cans to perpetrate their crimes. Even if the paint is CFC-free
(some still aren't), nearly every spray paint contains chemicals such a Toulene, Xylene, and
Acetone. In addition, cans contain the warning of "This product contains chemicals known to the
state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Their hypocrisy is much like the anti-abortion whack jobs who condone the killing of doctors who
perform them. On one hand they claim to be for the environment, then use chemicals harmful to
wildlife to get their message across.

Also notice how Mike and Terri always avoid subjects such as this, while foaming at the mouth about
the danger mountain biking poses to the environment?
 
S

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Shaun aRe - It's a dull as watching skin form on custard.
 
A

Agent Of Freedo

Guest
>From: "Shaun Rimmer" [email protected]

>

ignore the environmentalist whack jobs until said group sets the crosshairs on their local trails.

Being proactive in keeping trails open, and exposing the Mike V's and Terri A's as the frauds they
truly are, is much easier than trying to get the disastrous results of their work reversed.

Of course, trying to keep the MTB'ers from fighting amongst themselves is often tough enough. In my
local area, a trail advocacy and maintenance group (with membership open to any person who wishes to
join) has to keep wasting time and money in replacing trail markers because other MTB'ers are
constantly vandalizing or removing them. The group of yet-to-be-caught idiots responsible for the
destruction doesn't realize that if it wasn't for the advocacy/maintenance group, which is the only
special interest user group officially recognized by the county (who owns the park), the facility
would have been closed to bikers years ago.

The key to it happening was through a proactive approach, and beating the hikers to the punch in
making the voices of MTB'ers heard.

As a result, we have a stable, mapped facility open to mountain biking, legal and properly
maintained multi-use trails that aren't "dumbed down," and a certified NMBP crew who patrols the
park to keep an eye out for users in need of assistance.

It's hard to believe anyone would view that as bad... but when someone shows

the sand than neutralize the environmentalist nut cases, I guess we shouldn't be surprised...
 
B

Bb

Guest
On 25 Sep 2003 00:20:15 GMT, Agent of Freedom wrote:

> ignore the environmentalist whack jobs until said group sets the crosshairs on their local trails.

How many trails has the "environmental whack job" personally been responsible for closing in all his
years of "fighting"? Zilch. The most he can come up with is that he spoke up at a town meeting.

"Know your enemy", as they say. In this case, our "enemy" is the environmental Homer Simpson. There
are pseudo-environmental activists that are a reason to worry; he's just not one of them. Any time
spent with him is time wasted.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
S

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
"Agent of Freedom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: BB [email protected]
>
> >How many trails has the "environmental whack job" personally been responsible for closing in all
> >his years of "fighting"? Zilch. The most
he
> >can come up with is that he spoke up at a town meeting.
>
> If you start to include things such as a recent issue of 'Backpacking'
magazine
> carrying his views in print, or the fact that people who agree with him
(such
> as Terri) taking a much more active role in trail closures, one can begin
to
> see the effects he may begin to have.
>
> I will agree he is definitely on the "lunatic fringe" of environmental
views,
> but I also wouldn't dismiss him as being totally irrelevant when it comes
to
> getting trails closed. In a case such as Backpacking picking up his
static
> (kind of ironic, since the publisher for Backpacking is Rodale Press, the
same
> folks who put out Bicycling and Mountain Bike magazines), all it takes is
a
> handful of impressionable readers who buy into his distorted views, and
it's
> likely to cause trouble in someone's area as far as trail access goes.
>
> Focusing on local access, while keeping an eye on the extremist views on a larger scale will help
> insure those on the fringe stay there, and don't
dictate
> the access terms for the majority...

Total bollocks - my head ain't in the sand but yours is certainly up your ****. MV has done more to
discredit his own cause than anything, and that's all he's good for.

EOFS.

Shaun aRe
 
M

Mike Vandeman

Guest
On 22 Sep 2003 06:32:57 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

[email protected] (Agent of Freedom) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> Notice how both of our favorite
radically fundamental environmentalists .> disappeared from this group during a recent outbreak of
domestic terrorism .> attributed to ELF (Earth Liberation Front) in CA, then show back up here
after .> things have calmed down? . .Yes, I have been saying that for a long time. Never any
denial on their .part.

Nor yours.
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
M

Mike Vandeman

Guest
On 22 Sep 2003 20:03:56 GMT, [email protected] (Agent of Freedom) wrote:

.>From: "Michael Paul" [email protected] . .>The funny thing is that by producing the acts of
eco-terrorism to "protect" .>the environment, they are merely causing more damage than if htey
simply .>stayed at home. . .Exactly... just like the ELF'ers who spray painted graffiti on SUV's.
They .dislike the SUV's, but think nothing of using spray paint cans to perpetrate .their crimes.
Even if the paint is CFC-free (some still aren't), nearly every .spray paint contains chemicals such
a Toulene, Xylene, and Acetone. In .addition, cans contain the warning of "This product contains
chemicals known to .the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive
.harm." . .Their hypocrisy is much like the anti-abortion whack jobs who condone the .killing of
doctors who perform them. On one hand they claim to be for the .environment, then use chemicals
harmful to wildlife to get their message .across. . .Also notice how Mike and Terri always avoid
subjects such as this, while .foaming at the mouth about the danger mountain biking poses to the
environment?

Yawn. Get a life.
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
C

Chris Phillipo

Guest
> .killing of doctors who perform them. On one hand they claim to be for the .environment, then use
> chemicals harmful to wildlife to get their message .across. . .Also notice how Mike and Terri
> always avoid subjects such as this, while .foaming at the mouth about the danger mountain biking
> poses to the environment?
>
> Yawn. Get a life.
> ===

The irony.
--
_________________________
Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com
 
M

Mike Vandeman

Guest
On 04 Oct 2003 04:26:21 GMT, [email protected] (Agent of Freedom) wrote:

.>From: Mike Vandeman [email protected] . .>Yawn. Get a life. . .Hmmmm... must have struck a nerve
with that one, since Mikey just *had* to .respond. . .What is it that you're hiding Mikey? After
all, that's not a typical response .for you. Posting a reply now also hints strongly at a deliberate
attempt to .cover up your avoidance of these messages in the past. . .Sort of like criminals who
jump the gun in offering up an alibi when someone .casually observes behavior that could possibly
associate them with a crime. . .Sorry Mikey... but we're not buying your "Oops, I better say
something here so .I don't look guilty" act...

Did you say something?
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
R

R.White

Guest
Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 04 Oct 2003 04:26:21 GMT, [email protected] (Agent of Freedom) wrote:
>
> .>From: Mike Vandeman [email protected] . .>Yawn. Get a life. . .Hmmmm... must have struck a
> nerve with that one, since Mikey just *had* to .respond. . .What is it that you're hiding Mikey?
> After all, that's not a typical response .for you. Posting a reply now also hints strongly at a
> deliberate attempt to .cover up your avoidance of these messages in the past. . .Sort of like
> criminals who jump the gun in offering up an alibi when someone .casually observes behavior that
> could possibly associate them with a crime. . .Sorry Mikey... but we're not buying your "Oops, I
> better say something here so .I don't look guilty" act...
>
> Did you say something?

Looks like your PhD is showing.

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
Status
Not open for further replies.