interesting pics of bicycle road signs for fundraiser project

PTR Rogers

Jul 31, 2006
I'm looking for interesting photos of bicycle signs! But first a little about me:

My name is Peter, and I hail from Halifax. I'm a "fake-fixie" - in other words I ride a one-speed custom built by a friend of mine, and at first I look like I'm riding a fixed wheel, until you notice my legs not moving now and then. THinking about going fixed, as soon as I can afford a new bike, jsut so I don't look like such a poser

I'm peripherally involved with bike advocacy here in Halifax, and I had a great idea for a fundraiser for bike stuff which involves making a journal with a cover featuring interesting bicycle signs. I kind of stole the idea from this journal which I saw in a bookstore:
index.php

I thought I similar journal with bicycle sings on the cover would look really cool, and I would like to make one to raise money for bicycle projects in Halifax - problem is Halifax only has a very limited number of different signs. So I was hoping that I could enlist people from across the net to email me cool or unusual pictures of bicycle road-signs that I could use.

If you have any you could share, please email them to [email protected]. If I actually get this thing off the ground, I'll try to send a copy of the jouranl to anyone whose images I end up using.

THanks a lot for reading all this, and please send me those pics!

happy cycling, all
cheers,
PEter R.

ps. Any other Maritimers around here?

I did do an image search for "bicycle sign", but i never thought of searching for the name of the sign itself! brilliant! Thanks for that.

We have a few "share the road" signs here in Halifax, on the more high-speed traffic routes. Did you cycle thru Cape Cod? Did you feel like they made you safer? I'm not really sure if they have much effect, but at least they remind drivers that cyclists have just as much right be on the road (more, in my opinion).

cheers,
Peter

Cod said:
Great idea!
I was fascinated to see the "Share the road" signs while on vacation in Cape Cod, and did a Google search to see if they were in widespread use. (We don't have them in Ireland) There's an amazing variety of designs out there; not really humorous but interesting.

The following is the link to the Google search I did
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=share+the+road&btnG=Search

I did a good few miles around Cape Cod, and I found the drivers very courteous. I'm on vacation from Ireland and I found American drivers to be much more respectful of cyclists than at home. I'm going to try to get those signs displayed at home when I get back. Best of luck with your fundraising.